Home U.S. Coin Forum

Registered Mail???

How long should registered mail take from PA to CT?
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Well, my registered package sent from here in NY to PCGS in CA, took a week. So I'm guessing it should only take about 3-4 days, or less, from PA to CT.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Cosmic,

I don't know about PA to CT, but from WA to CA, it takes two to three days.

Russ, NCNE
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    Package was sent last Saturday and it is still not here. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    Registered mail to Ct. can take a long time. Most of it goes through Boston and gets fouled up there. I had one package that took two weeks. Last week, I just had another take a week. I have never lost a registered package!!
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    You can track Registered mail at www.usps.com. Click on tracking and enter the complete number including the RR and US. Sometimes it shows stops along the way, sometimes it doesn't.
    2 weeks through Boston from Pennslvannia? Whoa?

I am waiting to hear back from the sender for the tracking number.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • 6 days from PA to Springfield, MO
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Figure a week, with a day either way. Registered is slow. Sometimes it's good to be slow though. image I bet the package wasn't sent when claimed. Probably shipped on Monday. I wouldn't panic until midweek, this week coming. I've never had a Registered piece lost either.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Registered is slower than 1st class. Figure at least a week.

Ray
    Anyone know how to enter this number ( RR 738-119-128 US ) to track it?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    Depends where in CT. Here's a good one I sent two letters the same day (regular mail). A letter from PA to CA arrived sooner than a letter from PA to PA!!!
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    I just sent an insured package from Louisiana to California and it was there in 48 hours!

However, a recent registered package from DC to Louisiana took almost 2 weeks. Go figure.

GSAGUY
  • Track your package here

Remove the dashes first. It said there was no record of that being mailed.

I don't believe it will give you tracking information unless you paid extra for delivery confirmation, but in that case it gives you a different message to that effect.

So, it would appear there really is no record of it. I think. Calling the 800 number is probably a good next step.
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    If you want to track the package, you probably won't be able to do it yourself on the website, but if you go to your local post office, they can do an internal tracking for you. I've had it done before.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't believe it will give you tracking information unless you paid extra for delivery confirmation >>

It does, even without delivery confirmation. I just verified a couple of my Registered Mail shipments to PCGS. Showed delivery date just fine. But, if it works like delivery confirmation, it won't show anything until you have it anyway. In other words, it's useless for tracking while in transit.

Russ, NCNE
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    5 to 10 business days

sincerely michael
    FInally figured it out, enter numbers only no letters, spaces or dashes. Results:

"Tracking service has not been purchased for this item"

So they can track it but won't show it to you unless you pay for it.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • ms71ms71 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NH to CA: sometimes 4 days, occasionally 9 or 10 days.
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    cosmicdebris, two things: #1. Registered mail CANNOT be tracked by you DURING TRANSIT. If it was sent with delivery or priority numbers you can see it AFTER you get it. As someone else said, that is useless. #2. Why are you so worried about this right now that you need to post to the message board. You should know that registered mail takes TIME and is NOT based on distance. A week is a good AVERAGE time for delivery. In fact, if you bother the USPS about a registered item that was sent anytime since February 1st (at this date) they will most likely tell you to wait a few more days. I would bet 99.9% you will get your package either today (Saturday) or (Tuesday). Sorry, you will NOT get it on Monday if you don't get it today. That I can guarantee you 100%. Tell us what happens, and good luck. Steve

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file