Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GRADING RESULTS!!!! SCORE UPDATED Scan of coin that upgraded included

I submitted 3 ms66 Morgans on the 7 day processing and 2 days later my grades are in!!!!!!

check the third one!

PCGS Order Status for Invoice # 9003904

LINE # CERT # COIN DATE DENOMINATION VARIETY GRADE
1 90062927 1879-S S$1 MS66
1 90062928 1879-S S$1 MS66
2 90062929 1885-O S$1 MS67

I would say this covers the $175.00 in grading fees and shipping by far

the 1885o was originally in a NGC ms66 holder and I crossed it to a PCGS at ms66. I resubmitted it on Tuesday raw and it came back a ms67!

to say the least I am happy.

here is a scan of the upgrade, the obverse has NO major bagmarks, just very small scrathes

and the reverse which has only 1 minor bagmark

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    BeBopAlULa!!!! Great grades!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Crossed or crackouts?
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    $335 vs $2000 not bad!!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    cracks. the first time I submitted the 85o it was a non crack cross. This assures me to crack everytime!
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Congrats! I hope I can get as lucky!
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    So you tried to cross it at same grade and it didn't? The you cracked it and it came back a grade higher? Wow!
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Thats great! You know, this reminds me of a dealer friend a few years back. He always cracked out.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    Congrats....I am green with envy

Johnny's first PCGS submission (result posted today):
    1 21238951 1891-CC S$1 Cleaning
  • Options
    So this proves that NGC is stricter and that PCGS discriminates against NGC coins. image
    Keith ™

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats....I am green with envy >>

Actually, you look alittle yellow...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    Congratulations, those sound like some beauties.image
  • Options
    Congratulations, those must be some beauties.image
  • Options
    Something wrong with my keyboard.image
  • Options
    image Congrats JB, are the coins color coins? Either way they must look really really nice!
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    thanks guys. the coin unfortunately are white. If they were rainbows........

the 85 o I bought as a NGC ms66. then I sent it to pcgs to cross (uncracked) and it did. I sent it in again raw and it upgraded to a ms67.

I somewhat agree with the being biased to a coin when it comes in uncracked from another service.

I originally bought this NGC ms66 coin from a dealer in town for $175.00. spent $15 the first time to cross it and it did. Then spent another $50 to grade it raw and it upgraded. needless to say I am happy.
  • Options
    hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    Congrats JB, nice score. Gotta pic of that puppy?
    Mark
  • Options
    I looked and did not scan it. I will post a scan of it when she gets back.
  • Options
    Good eye!
  • Options
    Sweet!.......Nice little profit on the "O" . I've got some Morgans being graded as I type, got one that is a 65 + and maybe if I get a grader in a good mood, i'll get the 66 designation.....
    " I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"
    jb, that is just fantastic. I think this is the point some of us were laboring to make in one of your previous threads. The two services pretty much grade Morgans the same, it's more the demand for one slab over another that accounts for the pricing. It is interesting that they crossed it into the same grade slabbed, it must be a really nice coin. I'd love to see a picture of it. It's also interesting that it upgraded raw. How long ago did you send it in for crossing?
  • Options
    irish:

I sent it in early December. I am completely sold on the idea of sending every coin in raw (I have some others there now) compared to sending it in slabbed. I always thought they would be more harsh on a coin if it is already graded.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    A whole grade jump in one month. image
  • Options
    ttt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file