Home Sports Talk

If you suddenly came into serious money, what toy would you splurge on?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 10, 2024 9:35AM in Sports Talk

Here's mine...although I'd probably buy a '58 corvette too, but this one really does it for me.
In the Fall I'd fly all over New England at about 1,000 feet and just love lookin' at the foliage.

The plane would go for about $150k+. Gotta add buying at least 10 acres in Maine where I'd have a 2,000 foot strip to fly in and out of. Maine in the Summer and Fall is hard to beat. I'd make easy day trips to see Perkdog, maybe play some BJ and pick up a box of lobsters.

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you suddenly came into serious money, what toy would you splurge on?

That's a easy one to answer..

a 610 Board...🔌🏈

then more of these..🔌🏈

and have this built 4 me...🔌🏈😀

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭

How much are we talking? If its billions im buying a sports team. If its more realistic Id get a place in Texas or FL with a boat and just hunt and fish a lot

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭

I would focus every penny on getting Gary Busey’s face on Mt. Rushmore. And I would clean up the mess of rocks at the bottom.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:
    How much are we talking? If its billions im buying a sports team. If its more realistic Id get a place in Texas or FL with a boat and just hunt and fish a lot

North central Florida would be your place @Basebal21, spoken from a Floridian.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, you just got a million from a deceased Aunt's estate.

hey MCMLV...
    That's another easy one to answer...
    I'd take another 660...🔌🏈

and still go with: A Giant Cook-Out here in the backyard with all the Forum Members...♨️🥩🍗🥤

edited September 7, 2024 7:28PM

I didn't mean for you guys to use the word "toy" literally. The biplane isn't a toy, it is one helluva fun plane to fly and enjoy.

I'd still take that 610 & 660...🔌🏈

and then go buy more Iron...🏋️🏋️

• I recently came upon a few million and every penny of it will go towards the future generations. There’s no greater fun than helping the family.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

@Basebal21 said:

I have looked at that before. Id prefer more of a coastal spot as I do really enjoy the ocean, I always kind of go back and forth with maybe like a rental for deep sea fishing in Key West and then something more north for the rest of it.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd get a genuine 52 Mantle. Because it sure would be an upgrade from the 52 Mantle digital image I have stored in the pictures section on my computer. 😆

• burghmanburghman Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2024 5:56AM

I’m easy and nostalgic. Had to sell my 1993 Mustang GT convertible when I started a family in 2000 - I’d chase that thing down and do my best to restore it. Looked like this with a black top and black interior.

Jim

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a 'toy' in any sense, but I'd definitely do the Antartica trip to get closer to all 7 continents.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen the elephant in my day so I guess all I would do with the money is find doctors to repair damage to our health ( my wife and I) as without your health you have nothing !

@Basebal21 said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@Basebal21 said:

I have looked at that before. Id prefer more of a coastal spot as I do really enjoy the ocean, I always kind of go back and forth with maybe like a rental for deep sea fishing in Key West and then something more north for the rest of it.

The Sebastian area is nice, right at the inlet. Old Florida feel coastal town.

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paying off my home as much as I could depending on the sum of money. Then live in peace.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭

I hope it’s in Astoria. save the GOON Docks!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a collector. of many things. I collect sportscards first and foremost, and I also collect books. I also like firearms and edged weapons and have all of those I will ever need/want. If I had a million, just to spend on "toys" and did not have to do anything responsible with it? easy question.

I am getting a Brady Champ Ticket.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2024 7:38AM

I would buy every Bowman Football card set from 1950 to 1953

Night Vision for my Tactical gear Set up

Then the rest of the money Id pay off my girlfriends house, then give family some money and gamble the rest of it

@perkdog said:

Then the rest of the money Id pay off my girlfriends house, then give family some money and gamble the rest of it

I just hope that when ya pay off the girlfriend's house, and she receives the official title all in her name, she doesn't then say to you, "Perkdog we have to talk."

i think you've got a great girlfriend there from your nice comments about her. But women in general can be the most devious creatures on the planet. 😂

Anyone know what Autophagy did to get 86'd? He didn't last long!

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I just hope that when ya pay off the girlfriend's house, and she receives the official title all in her name, she doesn't then say to you, "Perkdog we have to talk."

i think you've got a great girlfriend there from your nice comments about her. But women in general can be the most devious creatures on the planet. 😂

Oh I'd be ok with that!!

A guilt free exit 😂😂😂

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Anyone know what Autophagy did to get 86'd? He didn't last long!

Usually the ban hammer is easy to figure out. This one is a puzzler. Perhaps he was spamming members in PM's? - just a total guess.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be first. Clear brush, pickup tree limbs etc.

@Darin said:
    This would be first. Clear brush, pickup tree limbs etc.

hey D...
    Stop by with your new Front-Loader... that's gonna be Perfect for cleaning by my fire pit...🔥👍

@perkdog said:

hey ya Perkdog...
    At least I don't have to give up any of my 54's...🏈👍

@GroceryRackPack said:

@perkdog said:

hey ya Perkdog...
    At least I don't have to give up any of my 54's...🏈👍

Ok I'd buy a bunch of 54's as well, only the good ones like you have though lol

@perkdog said:

hey ya Perkdog...
    here ya go...

🏈👍

@GroceryRackPack said:

@perkdog said:

hey ya Perkdog...
    here ya go...

🏈👍

Very nice Groce! Do you have the whole set/

@LandrysFedora said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

@perkdog said:

hey ya Perkdog...
    here ya go...

🏈👍

Very nice Groce! Do you have the whole set/

No Otto...No George, and Missing a few from the 2nd Series...

a while ago I had the chance to buy the George; though at that time I seen an 82 Unopened Rack showing: Klecko, The Diesel, and Your Guy Jack..
    and GroceryRackPack bought the Rack..🏈😀

@LandrysFedora

hey ya Landry...
    here ya go...

🏈👍😀

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I am a collector. of many things. I collect sportscards first and foremost, and I also collect books. I also like firearms and edged weapons and have all of those I will ever need/want. If I had a million, just to spend on "toys" and did not have to do anything responsible with it? easy question.

I am getting a Brady Champ Ticket.

I'm not sure which "toys" I would buy but a Brady Champ ticket would be very high on my list too. I'd probably search out high grade copies of quite a few of blue chip rookies from all four sports. My MJ collection would definitely grow considerably.

@perkdog

hey ya Perkdog...
    ya ain't gettin' any of my 55's either...

🏈🏈
    Later on brother...😀😀

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Help out the local animal shelter.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".