Home U.S. Coin Forum

Need help attributing a Capped Bust 25c with developing cud .......

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have the Rea or Tompkins references - 1825/4/2, B2 - what is the rarity of the reverse with the developing cud through UNITED??

Thanks in advance for your help!!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually a B-3, and Rea describes the retained cud as Die State c, Stage 4, R-6+.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

• jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the reference, there are three examples listed for the Stage 5 die state, two Very Fine and one in Fine.

Nice coin! Die states can be very enjoyable and rewarding.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a popular die state, maybe $600-700 in that grade.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great - thanks for your help!!! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Lakesammman,
    Good for you! Would you mind if I incorporate your new example in our photographic census booklet soon to be published? I can try to utilize the pic you submitted unless you have access to another.
    Rory

Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rory - help yourself!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file