Home U.S. Coin Forum

A set of small cents from Flying Eagle to the Shield Cent

hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last pictures for today.

The full set of Small Cents. As I can't stand the zilcons, I needed a point to stop and the 2020 special cents was a good time. This is my premier set, I have more but these are the current best raw coins I have.

Flying Eagle to Indian Head Cent

Lincoln Wheat Cents

Lincoln Memorial, Life of Lincoln and Shield

Comments

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with that. Very nice sets!! 👍

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just never put zinc cents in a Whitman.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice collection! I like the Littleton folder.

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice sets - congrats! As a FE & IHC collector, I especially like the first one!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super cool!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great collections. Thank you for sharing. I love albums and have had and still have quite a few, some complete and some not.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely matched sets. Congratulations.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really enjoyed looking at your sets. That's quite an accomplishment.

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely done!

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those complete matching sets look great 👍🏼

Mr_Spud

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that is a great run of small cents.

Congrats on a completing the run.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way cool 😎

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Superbly done. Reminds me of . . . . . .

I am in the later stages of 'reconstructing' a 3-Ring Oberwise Board Album (6 pages) from 1793 - 1975. All cents through history. Lincolns and Indians are complete "as they would have been pulled from circulation" . . . but I still need a few largies pre-1808.

I like the way you shifted as most collectors do . . .to BU after a certain point. Well-matched, uncleaned . . .and very well done. I like them a lot !!!!!

Drunner

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job!

What you accomplished makes a lot of “cents”.

In all seriousness, you truly should be VERY proud!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • InlanderInlander Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

Awesome sets! Brings back memories of filling holders when I was younger.

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭

WOW!! That says it all....... Congrats!! :)

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coins of a real collector. Just think of how much space would be required if all those coins were in slabs!

:):):)

All glory is fleeting.
  • ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome!! Now it's time to start large cents!!!

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Just never put zinc cents in a Whitman.

Whitman Classic slide album should be okay for zinc pennies. The old Whitman folders were not made archival quality and should be retired from displaying coins in them. The sulphur in the paper used to make these folders, along with a little moisture, is the coin spoiling culprit.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done! I like seeing them all together like that.

One question-any reason behind putting proofs into the Philly spots in places like 1991, 1992, and 1994 but not 1993 and 1995?

• hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2024 8:02AM

@U1chicago said:

One question-any reason behind putting proofs into the Philly spots in places like 1991, 1992, and 1994 but not 1993 and 1995?

I like proofs and my LCS had them. If they had all the dates cheap I would do proofs instead of the P mint coins. 1993 and 1995 weren’t available either too expensive or had some other issues.

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hfjacinto said:

@U1chicago said:

I like proofs and my LCS had them. If they had all the dates cheap I would do proofs instead of the P mint coins. 1993 and 1995 weren’t available either too expensive or had some other issues.

Makes sense. It’s a different approach and a cool touch to make the set more unique.

• gorebelsgorebels Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

My father collected Large Cents and Indians. I collected Lincolns. This XF/AU set remains virtually untouched since the early 1970s. The only bad coin is the cleaned AU 1869/69.

Is

• anablepanablep Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2024 9:18AM

Great looking albums! Nicely done...

I recently completed my full date & MM run of Lincolns through Zincolns in albums and can appreciate the effort you've expended working on this set.

I have a healthy interest in working on IHC in the future, but not until my Morgan/Peace dollar sets are complete...

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • gorebelsgorebels Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

I’ll post my Lincoln set in a subsequent post. Similar to this Indian set, all coins are XF/AU… my favorite ‘collectible grade.’

I quit adding to the Lincoln set in 1973 when I began chasing girls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file