Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay Customer Support Phone Number....

Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Does eBay no longer offer phone support? Why do they collect tax on bullion items from tax exempt states?

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

They do still offer phone support but you need to find the way thru the maze of clicks to find it.
    They don't make it easy and they don't want you to find it. ;)

Why they collect sales tax on exempt items is because they can.
    Ebay has illegally collecting sales tax for years and has done nothing to correct the problem because they make extra money by doing it.

It may take some time to get your money back.

It took me 6 months and 12 phone calls.
    This is why I quit buying anything from ebay.

Don't give up, you should be able to get your money back.

You can try this phone number, I haven't used it for a long time and don't know if it's still active.

1-866-540-3229

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 420 ✭✭✭

@Coll3ctor said:
    Does eBay no longer offer phone support? Why do they collect tax on bullion items from tax exempt states?

Seems that they straightened out the tax issue in my state, But in the past I have walked away from an auction win when the tax was incorrectly included. Seller can deal with it.

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2024 9:22AM

There is one particular seller that I buy silver from, even almost identical lots, where one lot will have tax, (and) the next week, no tax. It puzzles me a lot.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

• Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:
    There is one particular seller that I buy silver from, even almost identical lots, where one lot will have tax, ND the next week, no tax. It puzzles me a lot.

Same here, two weeks ago no tax now there's tax again.

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always weed through the customer service prompts until I find the "request a call from CS." They have always called me within 15 minutes. It's better than going through their phone prompts.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    They do still offer phone support but you need to find the way thru the maze of clicks to find it.
    They don't make it easy and they don't want you to find it. ;)

Why they collect sales tax on exempt items is because they can.
    Ebay has illegally collecting sales tax for years and has done nothing to correct the problem because they make extra money by doing it.

They don't make money by doing it... other than maybe the payment processing fees.

@CRHer700 said:
    There is one particular seller that I buy silver from, even almost identical lots, where one lot will have tax, (and) the next week, no tax. It puzzles me a lot.

Is he listing them in different categories?

@USMC_6115 said:
    I always weed through the customer service prompts until I find the "request a call from CS." They have always called me within 15 minutes. It's better than going through their phone prompts.

Agree. I got two callbacks last week in under a minute.

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CRHer700 said:

Is he listing them in different categories?

I'll have to look into that.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file