Home U.S. Coin Forum

Cherrypickers Guide Vol. 1

CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am interested in buying a copy of the Cherrypickers Guide Vols. 1&2, but volume 1 is so cost prohibitive. Does anyone know why this is, or where I can find a cheaper one?

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

Comments

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checked and Wow, that volume IS expensive.

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭

As to volume I, I suspect not many were printed. My speculation, no facts to base that on.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an awesome error! 👌

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just sold mine on ebay for 280 bucks. The book is worth more than many of the varieties inside it!

I am going to list the fifth edition vol 1 shortly if there is any interest here.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:
    I am interested in buying a copy of the Cherrypickers Guide Vols. 1&2, but volume 1 is so cost prohibitive. Does anyone know why this is, or where I can find a cheaper one?

limited edition books out of print sell for big bucks thanks to amazon

I wonder if DLRC will do a second printing or ebook of some of Whitmans in demand book archive?

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    I need to handle mine a little more gingerly. :*

My copy is bound upside down.

Fifth edition Vol 1 is listed for $9.99...as an E-Book, if you don't need the latest.

The text is upright. It's the cover that is upside down. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@oih82w8 said:

Fifth edition Vol 1 is listed for $9.99...as an E-Book, if you don't need the latest.

Well...it was printed in china.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@oih82w8 said:

Binding to the left = upside down text.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they print them in Hebrew?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

אני לא יודע
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a hard copy, not an ebook, that is my problem. :|

• CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the second edition in near-mint condition. I didn't see any on eBay, but there were a couple first editions.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!

@DCW said:
    I just sold mine on ebay for 280 bucks. The book is worth more than many of the varieties inside it!

I am going to list the fifth edition vol 1 shortly if there is any interest here.

So I listed the 5th edition volume one last night before I went to bed, and it sold for $150 before I awoke. I wish I never wasted my time looking for the varieties. The money was in the books! Lol

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold all of mine for immense profit. I have the 6th editions in both hard and pdf and that will work for me. I think the reason all of the Volume l's are so high is because they are the ones covering the most collected coins. Just an opinion.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2024 4:42PM

I have a Volume 1 on pre-order for when it comes up for sale again on July 30th for ~$40.

• CregCreg Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@gonzer said:
    Binding to the left = upside down text.

@Namvet69 said:
    Did they print them in Hebrew?

It’s a coin book. We call it that a “rotation error”.

@CRHer700 said:
    I have a Volume 1 on pre-order for when it comes up for sale again on July 30th for ~$40.

Buy a case and put it away. You'll be happy in 5 years 😊

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm down for a copy of the volume 1 also.... if they do in fact come out. I'll believe it when I see it.

----- kj
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Didn't realize they had gone up in value...the books I mean. I have this one:

I also have a paperback volume 1 4th edition.

• OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn, put mine on the give-a-way table at the coin club a couple of months ago.-

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • CregCreg Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

@OnWithTheHunt said:
    Damn, put mine on the give-a-way table at the coin club a couple of months ago.

Ouch!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file