Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Struck "gold" in my change today

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a nickel collector, I have been looking for the 2024's. I have visited multiple banks with no luck. Rolls of 2024-D's are selling for over $100 on Ebay. Today, I noticed an Eagle reverse quarter in my change at the Hardware store. For some reason I save these. When I pulled my change out once I got home, I discovered a 2024-D nickel. A nice surprise. May have to check the banks again.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Why would a roll of 2024 D nickels sell for over $100? That’s nuts considering around 30m have been minted

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigAl said:
    Why would a roll of 2024 D nickels sell for over $100? That’s nuts considering around 30m have been minted

30,000,000 minted, but a large number between 30 million and 0 have not been issued yet. There is a large surplus of 2023s.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@telephoto1 said:
    Not sure why someone would pay $100 just to be the first kid on the block with a roll of new nickels when sooner or later 30 million of them will be hitting banks. But to each his own.

Check ebay. There are a few sales.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2024 10:57AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:
    Not sure why someone would pay $100 just to be the first kid on the block with a roll of new nickels when sooner or later 30 million of them will be hitting banks. But to each his own.

Check ebay. There are a few sales.

Oh, I'm not doubting the sales... just questioning the impatience factor. Ha.
    Edit to add that if I had any rolls I'd list them in a heartbeat before the crazy dies down.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

@telephoto1 said:

So that they can be the first on their block to pay $18 a pop for a First Strike label?

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Save them for melt in the future. They're almost 6 cents now! 😆

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many weeks the price will remain elevated? I suspect a market crash for these coming, but when?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file