Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

One month until the PCGS 2024 Registry set deadline.

goldengolden Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is only one month until the 2024 Registry Set deadline. If you are in first place, are you worried that someone is sandbagging and will knock you out of first place?

Comments

• Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden said:
    It is only one month until the 2024 Registry Set deadline. If you are in first place, are you worried that someone is sandbagging and will knock you out of first place?

One month away from 2024 deadline....So maybe 11 months away from the putting the 2024 banners on the sets? 🤔

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

"It is only one month until the 2024 Registry Set deadline."

So, will I get my 2023 award pins and certificates before then?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    markinsdmarkinsd Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    No worries at all. If they have better coins, they deserve to be in first place.

I never even received a single tiny pin for my top sets after nearly a year. Not much incentive anymore.

In addition, I have asked to have multiple set errors fixed: such as to correct sets that include slots for coins that have never even been minted, bonus points in set compositions inconsistent, required coins still classified as optional, new set requests that are never considered, etc. with absolutely no response for several weeks.

The US registry apparently is no longer actively responding to the folks who support it, but I do see dozens of new foreign sets.

The Sweden 20 Kronor set had a variety that didn't exist and after a couple of messages they finally removed the slot and my set is now 100% complete. I think it took many months before it was corrected.

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden: no worries at all as the best set should win. But, like too many others, I still haven’t received my 2023 banners. I can only hope 2024 isn’t a repeat scenario.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

Didn't think 2024 were out this soon!

Dan
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

OOP'S Middle of the year, why not start counting them. My brain is 6 months behind.

Dan
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the 2024 coins can be added as line items as they get issued, but all should be optional with the red asterisk.

They do not count for the mid-year Registry set awards as people need time to obtain them fairly.

The new 2023 coins do count, and all should now be required in every set.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2024 10:27PM

@Goldminers said:
    All of the 2024 coins can be added as line items as they get issued, but all should be optional with the red asterisk.

They do not count for the mid-year Registry set awards as people need time to obtain them fairly.

So why do you have to have the 2024 for this set????
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/half-cents/lincoln-cents-major-sets/lincoln-cents-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1959-present/50

Now my set is incomplete :/
    NO other Lincoln cent sets require the 2024 coins to be part of the set

Edited to add:
    The above set only requires the 2024-P and not the 2024-D, either way they should not be required!

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alaura22 said:

@Goldminers said:

So why do you have to have the 2024 for this set????
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/half-cents/lincoln-cents-major-sets/lincoln-cents-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1959-present/50

Now my set is incomplete :/
    NO other Lincoln cent sets require the 2024 coins to be part of the set

Edited to add:
    The above set only requires the 2024-P and not the 2024-D, either way they should not be required!

The 2024 should not be required. Call Paulina and they will change the set composition and make it optional. I have had to do this many times as they get in a hurry when adding lines and forget to make 2024 optional in my other sets.

Also, there are still 2023 that are not required that should be. I even found a 2022 that is still optional.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, they STILL have not activated the 2022 coins in a couple of Lincoln sets. Nor have they added 2023 coins in some proof sets, so why even bother with 2024...

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2023 proof and mint sets went active today.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

The deadline has passed. How did you do. I had 5 sets that were #1 in 2024.

• Options

@golden said:

Only 2 sets this year, good for 1 pin?
    Good luck to all

• Options

@alaura22 said:

@golden said:

Only 2 sets this year, good for 1 pin?
    Good luck to all

I have 20 modern #1 sets for 2024.
    I am still waiting on my 2023 paper copies on the 2023 best of registry awards.😐
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Wayne, way to go with 20 #1 sets
    Congrats, that's a lot of work

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deadline June 30, 2024(?)

Is there a list of 2024 winners published somewhere?

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

No date has been set

• Options

@D808LF said:

The list will be published months from now.

• Options

@golden said:

@D808LF said:

The list will be published months from now.

Many months from now. I would have added a lol here but it really is getting to be a very sad issue.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...