Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GC: 1882-S Morgan Silver $1 graded PCGS MS66PL has 92 bids with 10 days to go...current bid: $205

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found this to be quite an interesting auction as this coin has a PCGS Price Guide value of $700.
Must have a lot of $1 bids because the increment is now $5.

What's all the hullabaloo about?

Great Collections Link

Comments

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭✭

People either hyping the auction, or hoping for a bargain. Personally, I see no reason ever to bid on a GC auction until a second or so before the auction ends.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@124Spider said:
    People either hyping the auction, or hoping for a bargain. Personally, I see no reason ever to bid on a GC auction until a second or so before the auction ends.

You must have a better internet connection than me ,,, I now shoot for 10 seconfd after losing a couple I wanted.

Many people put in next minimum bid to keep on an 'interested' watch list to decide later what their max is, although only 4 bidders so far.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will sell for a fair price I'm sure.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hard to explain the mindset sometimes but I have seen people bid dozens of times in a row in $1 increments before on eBay (and now on GC). They might be hoping to uncover the current top bidder's max but it really doesn't matter if those bids are well under what the coin typically sells for. And it would be more efficient to either place your max now (if you won't be able to be there at the end) or bid at the end.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the scrapes and scratches on the jaw and cheek, I'd be hard pressed to give it a 65.

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:
    With the scrapes and scratches on the jaw and cheek, I'd be hard pressed to give it a 65.

I thin that they must be grading it by the fields.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting bid history.

A series of rapid-fire bids, at the bid increment, from one bidder, and auto responses (secret max bid) from a second bidder, between $3 and $165.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file