Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One Celeston.

SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
This recently sold at a Heritage auction. I did NOT bid on this object. I'm not a big fan of third party attempts (such as the Franklin Mint) to cash in on the space craze of the 1960's. Having said that, this is only the second gold "coin" (token?) that I've seen that was flown in the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo era.

Link

Comments

• Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Not my area of interest, but I thought the hammer was a pittance of it's worth?

• Options
    wgswgs Posts: 1 ✭✭

Have bought a collection with a 1 celeston gold dated 1960. Would appreciate any info and value. Will consider selling. Glenn

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting item. Does seem cheap if the seller will actually sell at the price shown by HA.

• Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

These show up often enough. An NGC MS-66 sold recently on eBay for $1000. Raw ones sell in the few-hundred-dollar range. The poster should create a new thread in the Buy Sell Trade board if they want to pursue selling theirs, rather than resurrect an ancient thread elsewhere.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldabeintx said:
    Very interesting item. Does seem cheap if the seller will actually sell at the price shown by HA.

14 years ago....

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@wgs said:
    Have bought a collection with a 1 celeston gold dated 1960. Would appreciate any info and value. Will consider selling. Glenn

You joined in 2006.
    Congratulations on your first post!

It might be 2042 before the second post!

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2024 6:37PM

Coin looks cheesy. Letter signed by astronauts written on Mickey Mouse stationary.

• Options
    hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2024 6:11PM

I just realized from this user's profile that the only guaranteed way to get the Combo Breaker badge is to be offline for 5+ years (only if your account's age is 5 years or newer) and log on to get all 5 anniversary badges at once.

(Edited to add: you can also get any 5 of photogenic, first comment, first answer, name dropper, 5 likes, 5 agrees, 5 lols on your first day, but most beginners don't even know badges exist on their first day)

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@wgs said:

You joined in 2006.
    Congratulations on your first post!

He's almost as old as this thread! :D

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file