Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Link to that hard to find ebay shipping supplies coupon

derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 11, 2024 11:30AM in U.S. Coin Forum

for ebay store owners

If it works for you, you might want to save the link. Coupon is issued every 3 months I believe.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
- Nick Giambruno
Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

Comments

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's up stranger?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    What's up stranger?

gold an silver

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

On your "Seller Hub" page under the "Store" dropdown click on "Subscriber Discounts".

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you ship, in what packing? Box or cardboard mailer, not padded plastic mailers? Suddenly the last few months I see the processing equipment at usps chewing up packages.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    How do you ship, in what packing? Box or cardboard mailer, not padded plastic mailers? Suddenly the last few months I see the processing equipment at usps chewing up packages.

I've used all 3 without incident.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always forget where that link is so I usually google “ebay free shipping supplies link”

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

Maybe you can share your shipping methods as I can't afford to have more packages arriving damaged.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

Maybe you can share your shipping methods as I can't afford to have more packages arriving damaged.

For the boxes, I tape the seams. I don't know if it matters, but I do it.

I don't do anything with the bubble mailers although I do double bag slabs.

For the cardboard mailers, I do tape the flap down but mostly because I don't trust the adhesive.

I don't know. If you're getting multiple problems, I'd think it's your local sort center.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

On bubble mailers I wrap slabs in bubble wrap, fold the packing slip around the wrapped slab, and insert in the mailer. I tape the seam with packing tape to deter pilfering, especially if the mailer has a pull tab. Never had an issue.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

For the boxes, I tape the seams. I don't know if it matters, but I do it.

I don't do anything with the bubble mailers although I do double bag slabs.

For the cardboard mailers, I do tape the flap down but mostly because I don't trust the adhesive.

I don't know. If you're getting multiple problems, I'd think it's your local sort center.

I'm double bagging now more often with the ebay approved padded mailers, also using cardboard inserts heavily taped. I had another package get damaged in transit to Texas worth around $150 with the usps actually enclosing a notice and apology which is rare these days.

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    for ebay store owners

If it works for you, you might want to save the link. Coupon is issued every 3 months I believe.

Thanks for posting it. I thought they stop doing this a year ago because I can't find it anymore until I saw your link. I even searched ebay help but can't find it so I gave up.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

For one to four coins if under $50.00 and 3 ounces or less I use Staples 6 X 9 brown kraft 24 lb envelopes. I print the "label" directly on the envelope and ship using the "eBay standard envelope". They opened a new distribution center in Palmetto Georgia in March with all new equipment that apparently no one knew how to use and sometimes my envelopes sat there as long as 20 days, sometimes more. They seem to have solved their problems and things go through there in a couple of days now.

I tape the coins to a 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 piece of paper covering each with a 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 piece of paper so the tape doesn't stick to the 2 X 2 containing the coin, then I print a packing slip on a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper, fold it in half over the paper containing the coins and slip it all in the envelope.

I'll guess about 1 in 200 or so gets lost but eBay has been great at paying for the sale via the insurance they provide on the eBay standard envelope.

I ship larger sales in small boxes or padded mailers depending..... via Ground Advantage and so far they zip through Palmetto with no problems and I can't remember the last time one got lost.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    edited June 13, 2024 2:55PM

@tommy44 said:
    For one to four coins if under $50.00 and 3 ounces or less I use Staples 6 X 9 brown kraft 24 lb envelopes. I print the "label" directly on the envelope and ship using the "eBay standard envelope".

I use these 6 X 8 lightweight carboard envelopes.

Just the right thickness.
    I print my 6x4 labels with the MFLABEL DT426B thermal printer.

Ebay "standard envelope" shipping requirements. A great cheaper shipping option for flat lower priced items.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

@derryb said:

@tommy44 said:
    For one to four coins if under $50.00 and 3 ounces or less I use Staples 6 X 9 brown kraft 24 lb envelopes. I print the "label" directly on the envelope and ship using the "eBay standard envelope".

I use these 6 X 8 lightweight carboard envelopes. Just the right thickness.
    I print my 6x4 labels with the MFLABEL DT426B thermal printer.

Ebay "standard envelope" shipping requirements. A great cheaper shipping option for flat lower priced items.

Link did not work; here is one for ebay branded: https://www.ebay.com/itm/256469175117?var=556628142824

• Options

@logger7 said:

Link did not work; here is one for ebay branded: https://www.ebay.com/itm/256469175117?var=556628142824

Linky fixed

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put it on my calendar, for every quarter for some time now, for a few days prior to the quarter expiration as a reminder. Missed it too many times. Still occasionally miss it even with it on my calendar.

• Options

@derryb said:

@logger7 said:

Linky fixed

So the cardboard envelopes will go through the sorting machines without the damage the padded mailers are getting? This does a lot of damage to a seller's account when orders arrived damaged or empty. You can file complaints with your Congressman's office which usually has someone to interface with the usps on issues.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

For raw coins under $20 I use the cardboard mailers like @derryb
    For slabs I use # 10 safe t mailer cut in half so it’s slab size. Fold packing slip around outside. I fold the bubble mailer in half and tape the two ends. I use adhesive label printed on thermal printer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file