Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

LordM CU giveaway, June, 2024 (pick your prize)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 3, 2024 6:58AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Usually I do these “pick your prize” contests monthly on the CoinTalk forums, but this one is a CU forums exclusive.

The contest is totally free with free worldwide shipping. There will be a random drawing on or after July 1, 2024. You may consider the contest open for entries until such time as I have announced the results of the drawing.

To enter: simply browse the prize selections in the link below, pick a prize, then post your choice and a short word or two about why you chose what you did.

You may always change your mind later if you actually win the drawing (since I might be adding other new prize selections as the month goes on). I just like to hear people’s prize picks and preferences up front, for fun. That makes it more interesting.

Alternately, you could nominate someone else to get a prize if your post wins the drawing. If this is the case, you don’t have to choose a prize- just give the name of the forum member you’re nominating, and if you win, they will get their pick of the prizes.

Here’s the prize list:

https://www.colleconline.com/en/collection-items/21292/coins-giveaway-gallery

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson (“Rob”) Shinnick (“LordM”) :)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭

I guess I’ll go first.

I’d like to get my hands on that steel cent. I’ve been wanting one in that grade for my type set. Yours looks quite clean and solid for the grade. Thanks!

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a cool giveaway!
    I like the Judaea! I've never had an ancient coin and am just amazed how coins like this are still in existence!
    Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2024 8:29PM

1793-s-cn-silver-half-real-of-charles-iv-pcgs-au-details

Apparently I need to learn about Lacquered coins, and this one is pretty cool to boot!

Thank you for the opportunity!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Coinlover101Coinlover101 Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

If I won I'd probably pick the Gordian / Hercules Roman coin as it would be a new collecting avenue for me. Another era to research etc. :)

Peace

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

I like the 1865 large cent. I always liked large cents but have never owned one. Thank you for the opportunity @lordmarcovan

• Options
    ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Lots of fun! I would go with the antoninianus; I have drooled over many an ancient but still do not own one. That would be a neat first!

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, it would be Mexico: 2015 silver Onza (“Libertad”) - 1 oz. .999 silver. I just love the reverse design with all of the historical "Eagle and Snake" designs!

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2024 7:25AM

Wheats were the coin that started me collecting so it would be the 1939 Wheat Penny. Thank you for the opportunity.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in!
    Thanks Rob.
    Your generosity is your strong suit!
    <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2024 10:25PM

@joeykoins said:
    I'm in!
    Thanks Rob.
    Your generosity is your strong suit!
    <3

Thanks. But don’t forget to read the instructions, Joey. You’ve got just a little bit more work to do than that. ;)

To enter: simply browse the prize selections in the link below, pick a prize, then post your choice and a short word or two about why you chose what you did.

(The prize gallery link is in the first post.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

😆
    Sorry.
    Generosity is your strong suit. Reading, is not mine!
    😆
    Thanks Rob.
    I would like that awesome
    1793s 1/2 R. Spain!
    I just love early dated Silver, esp South America coins.
    Thanks again, my friend.
    :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

Thanks m'Lord! While I have a few bronze oldies, I don't have any silver. Therefore, if picked, I choose: Roman Empire: ca. 318-320 AD bronze Æ17 of Licinius II, camp gate, Heraclea mint.

Thanks!

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2024 3:56PM

Thanks for the chance Rob. I would like the 2015 Libertad please if i win. I have many older Libertad's but not a single newer version.

Thanks again

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Exciting news- the prize offerings are about to expand considerably this month! None of this new stuff is in hand yet, let alone added to the Giveaway Gallery page, but I do hope to add it all by the end of the month. A dealer friend put this lot together for me.

So if there’s anything in the new stuff you want more than your initial prize pick, you will get the opportunity to change your selection later if you should happen to win the drawing.

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slot me in for the steel penny, please. :)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

1943 ICG 50c. WWII issue. Thanks.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity!

I would choose the Roman Provincial (Moesia, Nicopolis): ca. 193-211 AD bronze Æ18 of Septimius Severus because our youngest grandson, now one year old, is named Roman, and I will give this to him if I am so lucky as to win it.

The reading about Septimus and Roman history at the time he was alive on Wiki was quite interesting as well.

• Options
    miles_longmiles_long Posts: 33 ✭✭

thnx holy of holyness.. 1896 morgan please

• Options

Thanks for the opportunity.
    Mexico: 2015 silver Onza (“Libertad”) - 1 oz. .999 silver
    Libertad is a very handsome coin and I do not own an example of such. Great addition for my Silver strong box.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭

The 1836 dime for me please. I would love to add it to my 7070 raw set binder. I would post pictures of the page. Thank you for the opportunity.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Options

@Tunis said:
    The 1836 dime for me please. I would love to add it to my 7070 raw set binder. I would post pictures of the page. Thank you for the opportunity.

Go ahead and share that page as-is, if you like. I like looking at 7070 sets, in any grade.

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the page so far.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Options

Looks nice so far.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx!

I'll take the Russian wire money.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2024 8:25AM

Should I win please allow @Tunis to pick a coin
    for his 7070.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice giveaway!

I'd choose that 1924 Peace Dollar.
    My favorite pocket piece for the last few years and my favorite card protector for my poker tournaments is a 1926 Peace Dollar.
    I'd find someone to pass it along to since there are a few newer collectors in my life who I may have slightly encouraged by taking them to coin shows with me during the last year or two :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

The Gordian III coin catches my eye. I'm always amazed by very old things that manage to survive and still be in good condition. I wouldn't be surprised if coins circulating at the time of this coin's minting were in worse condition.

• Options

I would be interested in the 1856 large cent. I collect large cents only when on vacation and try to stay under $20. Just a fun set and got the idea off these boards a couple of years ago. Cents go into Wayte Raymond coin boards that display quite nice.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

1896 S - because I like and collect them!

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

I Love the Color in the United States: 1896 silver Morgan dollar.

BST references available on request

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance. I like the subtle toning on your 1896 Morgan dollar.

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2024 3:59PM

Cool giveaway, LordM – what a fantastic selection of diverse coins! Here are my three favorites:
    . # 3 US 1856 Braided Hair large cent (next-to-last year).
    . #2 Cappadocia silver drachm (I really like small ancient Greek silver).
    And #1 Phrygia, Amorium bronze (because of the interesting clasped hands reverse).
    Runner up in your expanded offerings - the Saarland 10 franken (nice slab, but I already have a “raw” one).

Thanks for your generosity and good luck to everyone.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1873 quarter would be my choice.
    It would make one cool stocking stuffer.
    Thanks for the shot LM

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

1896 Morgan Silver Dollar! Because you know I love Morgans! I went hunting for you one time up in Stuart, FL. I think it was 2008?

TC71

• Options
    edited June 8, 2024 9:48PM

@TorinoCobra71 said:
    1896 Morgan Silver Dollar! Because you know I love Morgans! I went hunting for you one time up in Stuart, FL. I think it was 2008?

TC71

That was indeed ‘08! I got laid off due to the recession, the same day y’all were doing that crazy quest in Florida for me. Even though the quest turned out to be a wild goose chase, it was a lot of fun to watch (and it briefly took my mind off my sudden unemployment).

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance! Put my name in the hat for the '56 Braided Hair Cent, please.

imageimage

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭✭

@Tunis said:
    Here is the page so far.

Looks nice to me.... How are the other pages coming? I need to get pics of my 7070 at some point.

imageimage

• Options

@Tibor said:
    Should I win please allow @Tunis to pick a coin
    for his 7070.

Good on you, @tibor.

Y’all can do this, if you’d rather nominate someone else to win instead of entering on your own behalf.

• Options

@carabonnair said:
    Cool giveaway, LordM – what a fantastic selection of diverse coins! Here are my three favorites:
    . # 3 US 1856 Braided Hair large cent (next-to-last year).
    . #2 Cappadocia silver drachm (I really like small ancient Greek silver).
    And #1 Phrygia, Amorium bronze (because of the interesting clasped hands reverse).
    Runner up in your expanded offerings - the Saarland 10 franken (nice slab, but I already have a “raw” one).

Thanks for your generosity and good luck to everyone.

This is the kind of detailed entry I like to see. Clear statement of preferences, and what influenced the decision(s).

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan I don't understand if I did something wrong.
    I thought I was doing it the same way as over on "Coin Talk"
    Let me know what I need to do to correct my post.

• Options

@Tibor said:
    @lordmarcovan I don't understand if I did something wrong.
    I thought I was doing it the same way as over on "Coin Talk"
    Let me know what I need to do to correct my post.

No- you did something exactly right! I was praising your post and pointing out that others can do the same (nominate someone else for the prize), if they want to!

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

You re a prince for entertaining us this way.
    Choices:
    1— 1793 Spanish Real - I lived and taught in Spain
    2— 1943 Cent - my main collection
    3 —1873 seated quarter - I like lowball slabs

Thank, you.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd chose the 1924 Peace dollar. It's looks of luster stands out to me.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where I to win, I would select the 1856 Braided Hair Large Cent Slanted 5 as I have never had the Slanted 5. Thank you for the opportunity.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

Very cool giveaway LordM, thanks for the opportunity! Would you please pencil me in for that 1943 steel cent, thank you!

• Options
    BarbercoinBarbercoin Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

If I went to the right place on your website, I pick the following:1864 2c piece to give to my grandson. He’s always saying he wants to give his two cents. Like I never listen to him. I’m tried hard to get him interested in coins somehow, but not being successful.

Thanks so much for the really exciting giveaway. I thought these were long dead and gone!

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hungary: 1550-KB silver denar of Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor
    I would like to have this coin, because I like the look of the coin!

Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Judean ancient is nice.

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

I chose the Judea ancient. The reason is I was born in Israel and I think it would be cool to have something connected to the history of my homeland. This is a cool giveaway, thank you for the opportunity 👍

• Options
    hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭

Count me in for the 1873 quarter. I just love original surfaces on worn seated coins, and that one is spot-on.

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled