Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New member; bought my first decent PSA card (Mantle). Look forward to learning from you

Like many of you, I collected as a kid and had a whole host of nice cards that are long gone. Recently caught the bug again to pick up some select cards that I’ve always admired

As a long-time fan of the 56 Topps set, I figured I’d start with the Mantle and pulled the trigger on this one pictured.

I enjoying scrolling through the many interesting threads and look forward to reading and learning more from the members here.

Cheers!
Douglas in Phoenix

Comments

• Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Outstanding card! Love the centering of the borders, you chose well. :)

Come on people now. Smile on your brothers.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back to the collecting. Plenty of peeps here to feed the addiction. You are off to a great start with that Mantle. What are you looking to get next?

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2024 4:31PM

That’s a great way to re-enter the hobby, Douglas! Congrats on the pickup…and welcome to the board.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    DoogsterDoogster Posts: 18 ✭✭

@JBrules said:
    Welcome back to the collecting. Plenty of peeps here to feed the addiction. You are off to a great start with that Mantle. What are you looking to get next?

Thank you! Appreciate the warm welcome. I’m going to be patient and learn before leaping. My aim is to get the 1956 Topps Yankees and Dodgers cards in higher grades and centered with excellent eye appeal; I like the lore of those teams in mid-50s WS battles; and the breadth of solid players they had.

• Options

@ElMagoStrikeZone said:
    Outstanding card! Love the centering of the borders, you chose well. :)

Thank you for the warm thoughts. I liked the look of it for sure, I think it’ll be a keeper! ;)

• Options

@mintonlypls said:
    That’s a great way to re-enter the hobby, Douglas! Congrats on the pickup…and welcome to the board.

Thank you! I thought I’d start back with a bang(er); I’m pleased to have found it. Look forward to learning from you and others

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi. hello, how are ya?..............welcome :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭

You are definitely on the right track. Ive seen a ton of 56 mantles and that is a very nice 6 for the grade. Focusing on HOF's with excellent eye appeal and centering is a good plan! Looking forward to some of your future acquisitions.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Great choice on Mantle. J. Robinson and Berra would be good choices for future.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards.

Nice choice on a card to get back into collecting!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭

Your 6 is very nice. Better than mine. Enjoy collecting.

• Options

@MantleFan23 said:
    You are definitely on the right track. Ive seen a ton of 56 mantles and that is a very nice 6 for the grade. Focusing on HOF's with excellent eye appeal and centering is a good plan! Looking forward to some of your future acquisitions.

Thank you! I appreciate you feedback and have been learning from you already on threads you’ve posted in. My goal is for centered and excellent eye appeal and I’ll take my time. Working on the 56 Topps Yanks at the moment. Look forward to being a contributor where I can

• Options

@1959 said:
    Great choice on Mantle. J. Robinson and Berra would be good choices for future.

Thanks! Those are two on the list for sure! ;)

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    Welcome to the boards.

Nice choice on a card to get back into collecting!

Thanks! Figured I’d jump back in fully clothed :smile:

• Options

@bgr said:
    Your 6 is very nice. Better than mine. Enjoy collecting.

Thank you! Appreciate the warm welcome! That Mantle is superb too, love the eye appeal on that one

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2024 12:56PM

Hiya Doug

Welcome buddy!

What a great centered pickup. Congratulations.

Best of luck with your future pickups. 👍

Mike
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful card!

Mickey rocks!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! You will be well liked if you are a big fan of the Mic, he is easily the most collected and talked about.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

As with most collectables keep learning and be patient

Rob
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say that's quite an excellent start.

Heckuva nice card!