Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold as a gift

ARCOARCO Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 29, 2024 4:08PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Well, my business partner's birthday was today. We both grew up in Utah, so I picked a historical photo of Salt Lake City during the 1910s-20s and then added the appropriate gold coins - Denver mint (San Fran was probably more appropriate, but I did San Fran. Liberty gold for an earlier present a few years back). So I chose Denver and for the $2.50 I had to settle for philly, so that I could match the PCGS old Green holders.

For the pic, I downloaded it online, then proccessed it through a 2-tone monocromatic filter on my editing software to try and give a surreal and dreamy feel to it.

Anyway, it was a fun project and I thought I would share it for anyone interested in a similar set up for themselves or a gift.

Comments

• Options
    HillbillyCollectorHillbillyCollector Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful gift! 👍
    I’ve had a partner or two back in the day that I would have given a gift like that, if they would have just left civilly!😂

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic gift!

My birthday was Saturday... I wouldn't be upset if my gift is belated. :D

Mark

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2024 5:46PM

You're a very generous man and quite thoughtful to do something wonderful like that for someone you obviously appreciate very much. My own giving of that caliber has been limited to registered and efficient charities that serve the needy.

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have loved to have seen his face when he opened that box. Very cool!

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lot of thought went into that gift and the selection of coins. I hope he appreciates that the most. That is an heirloom

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice gift. He must be a great partner. I've heard a business partnership can be like a marriage. Could be heaven or hell.

I did something similar for my greedy self LOL. All the gold and silver denominations dated 1900. Didn't have to worry about the holder since they were all going to be cracked out.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CrepidoderaCrepidodera Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing!

Doug

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ARCO said:

@pmh1nic said:
    Very nice gift. He must be a great partner. I've heard a business partnership can be like a marriage. Could be heaven or hell.

>
    We were high school buddies since 1984, and now business partners since 2000 - 24 years.

I won the lottery in life. Picked the right woman and the right business partner.

Is your business partner also your wife?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

No, two separate people. I would be divorced if I worked with my wife. :)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ARCO said:

@PerryHall said:

No, two separate people. I would be divorced if I worked with my wife. :)

Wouldn't it be easier just to fire her? :o;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    That's a great gift. Coincidentally, I also have a birthday coming up soon. ;)

Me too!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 1/2 Birthday Will be in June. I’ll take half now and half later

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice gift. I am sure he will like it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file