Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1972 Eisenhower $ Type II?

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

it is too a two

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine - I was thinking the same thing but needed a reality check. If you say it's a too, I'll say it's a two. That area of the coin took some unwanted hits. I couldn't see the die marker. Did you know it's the king of Ikes variety?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

did not know that

been looking for 2 but i didn't know it's king

• Options

I didn't either until I saw this:

• Options

@MsMorrisine - I hit several banks yesterday. I wasn't looking for Ikes. One of the tellers asked me if I wanted some big silver dollars. I said; no not really. She gave me a sad puppy dog face and said; are you sure? I could tell she wanted to get rid of them, so I said; how many do you have? She said; $80. I said; ok. She pulled two ZipLoc bags out of her draw. This dollar was in there.

• Options

congrats.

you buy favor with them for futures requests, you just need a dump bank that you ask no favors from. as a matter of good practice, it's a totally different institution

• Options

Yes, I never return coins to the banks where I've gotten them from.

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2024 2:03PM

@OAKSTAR said:
    @MsMorrisine - I hit several banks yesterday. I wasn't looking for Ikes. One of the tellers asked me if I wanted some big silver dollars. I said; no not really. She gave me a sad puppy dog face and said; are you sure? I could tell she wanted to get rid of them, so I said; how many do you have? She said; **$80**. I said; ok. She pulled two ZipLoc bags out of her draw. This dollar was in there.

Lucky you. Ikes are scarce where I am. Nice T2. I will have to check mine now.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

When in doubt, always look at the 'shape' of the State of Florida.
    1972 Type 2 IKE's will always have Florida shaped like a Tornado instead of an uvula.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

@19Lyds said:
    When in doubt, always look at the 'shape' of the State of Florida.
    1972 Type 2 IKE's will always have Florida shaped like a Tornado instead of an uvula.

Really? Okay, good tip. Thank you! 👍

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file