Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Philly Coin Show - FREE ADMISSION!!

littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 8, 2024 6:16AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just a month away! Looking forward to this. The one last Sept was a huge success, even though it took place during a monsoon in much of the area! The best part is that it is in Oaks, Pa (just outside of King of Prussia), is easy to get to and plenty of FREE parking! Who's going?

Sorry for the huge images. Just used drag and drop. Anybody know how to make the images not so big? Thanks!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.

Comments

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭

I plan on attending

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 877 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should try this one out sometime. My old stomping grounds.

• Options

Hello all 👋
    I’m Nick. I run the show. Feel free to contact me with any questions here or via our website www.phillycoinexpo.com
    Looking forward to seeing you all there 😁

• Options

Will you accept a printout of the above card for free admission?

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

The twice-a-year Denver Coin Expo is on the same days.
    There shouldn't be much competition between the two since they are so far apart (in distance).

• Options

Yes, a printout or screenshot of the above flyer will be accepted for admission 👍

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I will check it out - Thanks!

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know if PCGS will attend.
    Although not a factor. Count me in.

• Options
    MojaveGhostMojaveGhost Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

New collector here . I haven't attended a show yet and was looking for something non-intimidating to start. Would this fit the bill? Thanks for any advice.

• Options
    edited April 9, 2024 4:03PM

@MojaveGhost said:
    New collector here . I haven't attended a show yet and was looking for something non-intimidating to start. Would this fit the bill? Thanks for any advice.

This would be an excellent show for a newcomer.
    And FREE admission with the printout or screenshot of the above!

• Options

@emeraldATV said:
    Do you know if PCGS will attend.
    Although not a factor. Count me in.

PCGS themselves will not be set up themselves but several PCGS approved dealers will be. I’m sure you can find a local dealer to help you out. Glad to have you!
    See you there 😁

• Options

@MojaveGhost said:

We’d love to have you! My motto for this show is “ it’s not your grandpas’ coin show “ we have a good group of dealers. A heavy social media presence, and try to keep the atmosphere fun. There will be hourly give aways, a 50/50 drawing, dealers play music at their tables. It’s a good time. (I might be a lil biased) 🤣
    If you have instagram @phillycoinexpo
    If not the website has some pics so you can get a feel

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a dealer listing yet? I would love to know who will be there.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good, I think I'll ease on over.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Only 4 weeks away. Who's going?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on being there on Friday the 10th. PM me for my cel # if you'd like to meet up. Great venue, just off the turnpike, straight shot from New Hope for me 😎. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there. Think we might be at a table, but I'll definitely be walking around either way. Looking forward to it, it's nice to have a decent, local show that isn't on the other side of Philly and is closer than Baltimore.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@NeophyteNumismatist said:
    Do you have a dealer listing

Should added to website this week

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    I'll be there. Think we might be at a table, but I'll definitely be walking around either way. Looking forward to it, it's nice to have a decent, local show that isn't on the other side of Philly and is closer than Baltimore.

@DelawareDoons contact info on the website

We have room for more dealers if needed I can make the arrangements

• Options

@Beaglescoins said:

@NeophyteNumismatist said:
    Do you have a dealer listing

Should added to website this week

Great to hear!

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

I've felt so out of my league at local coin shows for a while now, unfortunately. I grew up on junk boxes, flea markets, Mom & Pop brick & mortars, and the like. Now so much of the shows/tables seem dedicated to slabbed silver & gold & other items out of my comfort zone. I don't blame vendors for not wanting to waste time carrying raw coins to fill holes in Whitman blue folders - - they have bills to pay. :/

• Options

@DBSTrader2 hopefully we can change that with this show. I know a few dealers are bringing boxes and boxes of raw coins.

• Options

@Beaglescoins said:

Hello all 👋
    I’m Nick. I run the show. Feel free to contact me with any questions here or via our website www.phillycoinexpo.com
    Looking forward to seeing you all there 😁

Remember to print or save this on your phone for FREE admission!!!! Going to be a GREAT show!!

• Options

@Beaglescoins said:

1oz 999 silver bars I hade made for door prizes

Are these just limited edition for the door prizes?

• Options

@littlebear limited mintage of 50 total

20 have been allocated for prizes
    10 are in my personal stash 🤣
    10 have been sold to other dealers
    10 will be available for sale at my table

• Options

50 total? That is quite a limited edition! Should be some very happy prize winners!

• Options

@littlebear yes pa based company keystone stacking made them
    Only 50 will ever be made
    Next show will be a new design
    😉(🥊 hint)

• Options

Any dates for the fall show, or is that too early?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beaglescoins said:

1oz 999 silver bars I hade made for door prizes

A solid idea.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@littlebear not yet
    I have a few events in the fall I have to juggle around 🤹‍♂️

• Options

https://youtu.be/ojvaLNqyu7I?si=_niQ5g0xVI0mJVxf
    A friend made me this promo video for the show using AI if anyone wants to check it out copy link above 👆

• Options

Cool video!

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/live/WzQPBwdWCcY?si=VyqT7kKMGoovrLLC

Hello all
    I did a YouTube interview yesterday with guardian security group. We discussed the show, bullion, (my specialty) and security. If you have the time and feel like checking it out I’ve included the link.

• Options

Awesome video. Will a list of dealers be posted in the near future?

• Options
    BeaglescoinsBeaglescoins Posts: 24 ✭✭

• Options

Less than a week away!

• Options

Hello everyone
    I just did another YouTube interview and wanted to share it with you

https://youtu.be/sZ5iyuICfIg?si=Uve3Zz0BuKQ-IduU

• Options

Thank you for explaining all the time, effort and preparation that goes into the making of this show. It is certainly no easy task. Looking forward to it!

• Options

Remember: FREE ADMISSION with picture of this card on your phone!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't beat the price-Free. Hope the show is well attended and everyone finds what coins they are looking for.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Yes "free" is good. Put that money towards coins! (or Mother's Day gift)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file