Home Sports Talk
Options

Double Dragon's Simply Phenomenal Countdown to NFL Season Opener 2023 and Beyond!

13»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm getting a little nervous here

@doubledragon hasn't been on in quite a while

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Damn, your'e right, almost 3 weeks------ Mustache Jerry Jones is gonna need a trim when he gets back to posting!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@perkdog said:

Damn, your'e right, almost 3 weeks------ Mustache Jerry Jones is gonna need a trim when he gets back to posting!

Actually, more like 7 weeks roughly.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

This many days until the preseason starts.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@Justacommeman > @2dueces said:

This many days until the preseason starts.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

Been 2 months since DD logged on. I’m getting a bit worried. Anyone heard anything from him?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Been 2 months since DD logged on. I’m getting a bit worried. Anyone heard anything from him?

Negative

I'm not thrilled about it either

• Options

@doubledragon

Double D where are you buddy 😳

• Options

@2dueces said:

Nothing. That's not like him to just be gone. Hopefuly when he said he was taking care of a friend of his that has medical problems it wasn't a round about way of telling us something.....

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@2dueces said:

Nothing. That's not like him to just be gone. Hopefuly when he said he was taking care of a friend of his that has medical problems it wasn't a round about way of telling us something.....

Let's hope not

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Steven59 said:

@2dueces said:

Let's hope not

If anyone here knows away to contact him, it might be a good idea. Even by snail mail.

• Options

It’s been 84 years and I can still smell the fresh paint.

Seems like that long since @doubledragon

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

i just dug up an old address for double d from 3 years ago, as i sent him a package. no clue if it's still good, but i have it (along with his name) if someone wants to take a stab at tracking him down. i was going to wait until the reg season commences, as i think that will be the true litmus test on whether life is simply getting in his way, or if it's potentially something else. i don't have a phone number.

if anyone wants to proceed sooner rather than later, pm me

• Options

and darin has been MIA for even longer. last time he did this i drove up to kansas, rolled down my window and started yelling his name

hell i may have to do that again

• Options

@galaxy27

PM sent bro

• Options

Let's hope this is just another case of @Justacommeman who abruptly disappeared then appeared out of thin air in the card/coin forum..

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i just dug up an old address for double d from 3 years ago, as i sent him a package. no clue if it's still good, but i have it (along with his name) if someone wants to take a stab at tracking him down. i was going to wait until the reg season commences, as i think that will be the true litmus test on whether life is simply getting in his way, or if it's potentially something else. i don't have a phone number.

I'll contact him, I've known him for sometime and I have a feeling he'll be back soon, he probably just got a little burned out and needed a break!

• Options

DD!!!!!!!

Take as much time as you need brother, as long as you are good!!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

@perkdog said:
    DD!!!!!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I'm fine buddy, doing great. I appreciate everyone's concerns, I've been on the forum for a little over 3 years and went at it pretty hard everyday for 3 years and I guess I just got a bit burned out, but I'm doing great. Looking forward to the start of the college and NFL seasons. I have to start my New York Jets season thread tomorrow, I must follow everything Aaron Rodgers does this season, every move he makes, every step he takes, every bond he breaks, I'll be watching him. Looking forward to it!

• Options
    edited August 9, 2023 5:51PM

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:
    DD!!!!!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I'm fine buddy, doing great. I appreciate everyone's concerns, I've been on the forum for a little over 3 years and went at it pretty hard everyday for 3 years and I guess I just got a bit burned out, but I'm doing great. Looking forward to the start of the college and NFL seasons. I have to start my New York Jets season thread tomorrow, I must follow everything Aaron Rodgers does this season, every move he makes, every step he takes, every bond he breaks, I'll be watching him. Looking forward to it!

😂😂😂😂😂

We were all concerned, take it easy we got another couple weeks till the season starts so rest up brother!!!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    and darin has been MIA for even longer. last time he did this i drove up to kansas, rolled down my window and started yelling his name

hell i may have to do that again

Let's hope he pops back in when NFL starts, hopefully he is just taking a break as well

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:
    DD!!!!!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

😂😂😂😂😂

We were all concerned, take it easy we got another couple weeks till the season starts so rest up brother!!!

I'll rest up and be ready to go buddy! 🍻

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:

I'll contact him, I've known him for sometime and I have a feeling he'll be back soon, he probably just got a little burned out and needed a break!

glad all is well sir!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:

glad all is well sir!

Thanks buddy, I've missed this place and I'm glad to be back. 🖒

• Options

Damn, late to the party again. Great to see you are back @doubledragon!!!!!!!!!! And that you are posting again! :)

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Damn, late to the party again. Great to see you are back @doubledragon!!!!!!!!!! And that you are posting again! :)

Thanks buddy, it's good to be back in the saddle again. 🖒

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Steven59 said:

Thanks buddy, it's good to be back in the saddle again. 🖒

https://youtu.be/lX8GG3dnsp8

• Options

Allrighty now........a reason to watch the Browns game tonight (7:30)

"After sitting out the 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame game against the New York Jets, Deshaun Watson is ready to suit up for the Cleveland Browns. The quarterback announced that he will start against the Washington Commanders on Friday, Aug. 11."

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Allrighty now........a reason to watch the Browns game tonight (7:30)

"After sitting out the 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame game against the New York Jets, Deshaun Watson is ready to suit up for the Cleveland Browns. The quarterback announced that he will start against the Washington Commanders on Friday, Aug. 11."

It'll be interesting to see whether Watson fulfills what was seen as his potential.

• Options

Hard to see much with these guys if they are only in there for a few drives though

• Options

Here we go...........Not!
    "Friday's exhibition game against the Washington Commanders has been delayed by lightning near and around Downtown Cleveland, with fans inside the stadium being advised to seek shelter immediately. NFL rules stipulate play cannot resume for at least 30 minutes following even one lightning strike within the general area of the stadium (usually believed to be around 5-10 miles)."

• Options

Problem is, there are a few more storms about an hour away heading towards the stadium.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Hard to see much with these guys if they are only in there for a few drives though

I was referring more to how Watson will look if/when we get to see him for a full season at QB1 in Cleveland.

• Options

Now I remember why I don't care for pre-season games. Good thing reruns of Full Throttle Saloon and Combat Dealers was on last night. :D

• Options
    edited August 20, 2023 12:03PM

The Bills were on fire in Pittsburgh last night. Let’s recap the first half.
    12 penalties for 90 yards.
    3 interceptions thrown
    1 fumble lost
    1 partially blocked punt
    Allowed a 65 yard punt return
    Allowed a 62 yard TD run
    Lost RT Tommy Doyle to a season ending
    Knee injury (probably)
    24-0 halftime deficit
    Took out Josh Allen after 2 series because he was running for his life.
    Most of this was with starters (-some and Allen for fear of injury)
    Matt Barkley was responsible for all 4 turnovers.
    OL looked like they just met everyone 5 minutes before game time, shook hands and drew plays in the sand.
    Same old helter skelter offense as last year. Run around down field and hope Allen makes a big play ( he did make a 35 yard dime on 2nd and 24. Called back for a hold and a 3rd and 19. Called back for another hold)
    Only bright spot was 1st round TE Dalton Kincaid. He’s very special.

Huge doubts the Bills are any better than last year as the rest of the division and league catches up.

I’d be very surprised if they don’t trade for OL help even if it means giving up some offensive stars.

Very disappointing

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Well, my Panthers are now 0-2 in the preseason, we lost to the Giants 21-19, but I'm not worried a bit, I have all the confidence in the world in my team, my cats will make the playoffs this season, I'm sure of it. Man, I'm looking so forward to seeing Carolina back in the postseason, I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

• Options

FINALLY - Browns get rid of kicker Cade York, acquiring kicker Dustin Hopkins from Chargers in trade.

• Options

Hey Brownies, what took you so long...................

"After a rookie season in which York helped the Browns win their season opener against the Carolina Panthers, but failed to consistently produce when needed most, York entered 2023 on thin ice. His greatest asset was his draft status -- Cleveland spent a fourth-round pick on him in the 2022 NFL Draft -- but even that wasn't enough to prevent the Browns from seeking help elsewhere.

York's second year in Cleveland got off to an ugly start filled with struggles throughout the preseason slate. He only converted 50% of his eight field goal attempts and failed to deliver in two game-winning scenarios in each of Cleveland's final two preseason contests, leading to a tie in Philadelphia and a one-point loss in Kansas City on Saturday."
    NFL news

• Options

Crap, Browns can't catch a break.............

" Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow went full speed in practice Wednesday and said he’s on track to play in Sunday’s opener at Cleveland after a calf injury sidelined him for most of the preseason."

• Options
    edited September 7, 2023 3:35AM

@Steven59 said:

" Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow went full speed in practice Wednesday and said he’s on track to play in Sunday’s opener at Cleveland after a calf injury sidelined him for most of the preseason."

Lots of people were talking like they were hiding a serious injury

The Browns are well capable to give Cincy a game providing their guy Watson plays remotely to that contract he was given

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Steven59 said:

Lots of people were talking like they were hiding a serious injury

The Browns are well capable to give Cincy a game providing their guy Watson plays remotely to that contract he was given

Not that this matters. Burrow is 1-4 vs the Browns and 0-2 in Cleveland. Sometimes a team just has your #.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Hey !!! Let's talk politics here :) !!! Then we can get in to how the WNBA is the end of the world ! Yipppeeeeee :)

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 478 ✭✭✭

@Ridethelightning said:
    Hey !!! Let's talk politics here :) !!! Then we can get in to how the WNBA is the end of the world ! Yipppeeeeee :)

NFL

• Options

oh sacred gawd of all humanity, it is over soon, based on the above. Bring back the locusts !!! AMEN

• Options

DoubleDragon is in Danger !!!! If these two top threads are not deleted within 24 hours, DD will have to rape himself.. AGAIN !

• Options

U.S.A. is screwed. The country will soon be LAC, then the CCP will laugh at it and easily take over this place as it steadily becomes tamale corner stores (without tax) taking over all local U.S.A. establishments. This is all due to these top two threads still being here. DD is loving it so he serves a purpose in this world by making sure all have to continue to see that woke mags avatar pic if we come to this web site ,

• Options
    edited May 3, 2024 6:03AM

Hi.