Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pic for LucyBop. Everyone take a stab at Guessing the Grade.

PS all Scratches are on the Holder and not the coin.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."

Comments

• Options
    Nice coin Coz!

Based on today's standard's I'd say MS64FBL, provided that the lines go all the way to the crack of the bell - the picture is kinda dark in that area. I say MS64 because of the hits on Franklin's coat and a few stray ones on the face. It used to be that if you had a clean cheek and a few nicks here and there you'd be guaranteed a 65, but PCGS has tightened their standards A LOT and now I'd say it's a toss up between 64 and 65.

Beautiful coin!

Frank
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    MS65 (not FBL)

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    The surface looks odd, like lots of small holes in it.
    MS-63
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    MS64, definately no FBL.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    The thing I hate about scans or blown up pics is that they greatly exaggerate any little hits a coin may have. I have scanned some of my ms65's and wondered how in the hell did they get that grade then I examined the coin and the coin itself justified the grade... Hmmmmm.... I wouldn't be surprised at a ms65. But I have to say its a 4, and the bell lines to the left of the crack seem very broken and interupted..... I guess I have to go with a ms64, but this could very well be a 5!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    65, no fbl. image
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    I took the liberty of lightening the bell to show the lines better.

NMFB ™

• Options
    Nope - in that case - no FBL - Sorry Coz! image
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    It is PCGS Graded MS65. No Bell line designation at all. A nice coin in person. Yes the lines to the left of the crack are very weak. Many of the flaws you see are in the holder plastics.

PS: Lucy this is Our (Dominic and Poppee's) first Graded Frankie. He was sick so i bought this for his little collection.image

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    It's a FABULOUS coin for him!!!!! And a great value, there are many in GEM that are not FBL. I am not surprised at all at this being a 5, again, anyone that has scanned their own coins knows that the slightest hits are greatly blown up for all to see........ Get him a 57d FBL, these can be had for as little as 19.99............ Your a killer GrandHepDaddy!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this coin!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Looks like lots of pits. MS63 and bell lines? what bell lines?
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a FABULOUS coin for him!!!!! And a great value, there are many in GEM that are not FBL. I am not surprised at all at this being a 5, again, anyone that has scanned their own coins knows that the slightest hits are greatly blown up for all to see........ Get him a 57d FBL, these can be had for as little as 19.99............ Your a killer GrandHepDaddy!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this coin! >>

Lucy The child likes to goof around just like me, He says to me "Hey Poppy there is a Crack in the Bell" then he looked at me and smiled. He heard me say this several times in the past. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file