Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1972 D Lincoln Memorial Cent

Hello everyone. Merry Christmas everyone. For quite some time, I have not been sent for reasons outside my control. I hope I am well with everyone. I have this cent I think is doubled die. is that true. I hope. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely looks like it. I’m not sure which one. I’ll let you decide:

http://www.varietyvista.com/09d WQ Vol 4 DC/01b LC Doubled Dies Vol 2/DDO 1972-D.htm

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed it is DDO. Good find.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now THIS is what a true doubled die looks like. Good work.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, work!

• Options
    nooraden1nooraden1 Posts: 329 ✭✭✭

Thanks all. Merry Christmas

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

So refreshing and rewarding to see the real deal from time-to-time still out there in the wild! 👍

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Hello all . Thank you very much to everyone, without exception, for the help and guidance you gave me, and here today I am sending some of the results I obtained, and this is great evidence of your help to me. A thousand thanks to everyone.

• Options

Did you not submit the coin and pay for the DDO attribution?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2024 8:56PM

@OAKSTAR said:
    Did you not submit the coin and pay for the DDO attribution?

PCGS doesn't recognize a 1972-D 1c DDO, since none of them are CPG varieties. That being said, if the variety attribution was paid for, it should have received the "minor DDO" designation. Clearly the coin is a DDO, but perhaps they didn't see it since they're not used to looking for the variety. Not a coin I would have recommended submitting, given the condition and market value.

@nooraden1 Looking at your certification numbers in sequence, it appears you've made some other submissions, as well. I recognize some of your other coins. You've also posted a few more of them recently in your other threads. How do you feel about the money you've spent on having these coins certified?

• Options

I bet ANACS would have attributed it. Plus, a lot cheaper.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nooraden1 said:
    Hello all . Thank you very much to everyone, without exception, for the help and guidance you gave me, and here today I am sending some of the results I obtained, and this is great evidence of your help to me. A thousand thanks to everyone.

The help and guidance you received was free. Unfortunately, the grading was not and the cost far exceeded the value of the coin.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nooraden1 do you agree with Mark? What do you think the coin's value is, now that you had it slabbed? What do you think the value of the coin was, before you had it slabbed?

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with getting a reply.

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know why the CPG would not include this variety.

Variety Vista is so much more complete.

Alot of nice DD's our host excludes that are very similar to other recognized varieties.

If you pay for an attribution you deserve more than "minor" consideration.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

Thanks everyone. thanks for reply. Just let you, I'm just a hobbyist. At the same time, I keep myself busy with things that give me experience, which has also made my grandchildren interested in this, despite their young age, and also one of my granddaughters is the one who found the 1956 D Lincoln cent. Thanks, lot, for everyone.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nooraden1 said:
    Hello everyone. Merry Christmas everyone. For quite some time, I have not been sent for reasons outside my control. I hope I am well with everyone. I have this cent I think is doubled die. is that true. I hope. Thanks.

Thanks for your post and congratulations, although a few months late. I did not even know of a 72D DDO and I think yours is very collectable. Perhaps not worth the 72 DDO but still a very attractive DDO. Sorry it was not attributable.
    I like posts that bring about education.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file