Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PNNA Show report

2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry i’m so late!
Despite the very nice weather we had a busy show with brisk sales Friday and Saturday, Sunday was a complete bust for everyone i talked to , very little floor traffic..
My sales were typical 5 to 200 dollar raw coins with few high end coins sold. However the sales of the lower end coins were outstanding and as any dealer will tell you this is where the actual money is made..
I sold a little bit of gold, but didn’t offer a lot. Word around the bourse was that silver bullion was slow at best. I did see a lot of raw gold sold mostly 20 dollar Saints and Libs..
Sold a lot of Morgan’s and my handful of recently graded CACG Morgan’s were very Popular!
Friday was as per usual mostly dealer to dealer with some retail and Saturday was extremely busy retail all day until about 430 PM.

The sheep you ask? Most bizarre! they were corralled in the lobby of the hotel i stayed at. No idea why..

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2windy2fish said:

The sheep you ask? Most bizarre! they were corralled in the lobby of the hotel i stayed at. No idea why..

Sometimes, in that area, it is better NOT to ask :o

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

@Bochiman Right?!?!? It was actually a really nice hotel!

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting your report, sounds like you had a good show!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason I cannot fathom, I always miss this show even though it's right up the road from Oregon... I blew up all your inventory, you've got some great stuff in there! Hope to see you next time. B)

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2windy2fish said:

Geesh... it's right there in the hotel rules - don't you read before signing?????

"Domestic animals other than service dogs must remain in the lobby at all times, they are not allowed in guest rooms."

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options

@BStrauss3 Many years ago my wife and i were traveling the Olympic Peninsula and need a room for the night ended up in Forks Washington (The whole Twilight series was filmed there) Logging town.
    There was a reader board out front that said “ NO CHAINSAWS ALLOWED IN ROOMS”

• Options
    CircCamCircCam Posts: 238 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2windy2fish said:
    @BStrauss3 Many years ago my wife and i were traveling the Olympic Peninsula and need a room for the night ended up in Forks Washington (The whole Twilight series was filmed there) Logging town.

The best thing I ever saw in that town was a big shack full of wood for sale with a handwritten sign that said “TWILIGHT FIREWOOD - $5 per log.”

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great show report and an impressive inventory!
    LOTS to choose from and those bargain bins look like a blast.
    Sorry I couldn’t make it.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2windy2fish said:

I don't judge

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can confirm your business was brisk... I tried to say hi a few times, but you were always busy. Next time :)

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

@airplanenut next time just bully your way in! aI always have time for a chat!

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to miss you AND the show - next time .......

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

i hope no one got to board and went to visit the sheep, theres no justice anymore :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file