Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gettysburg Show Report Updated for Saturday

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 13, 2024 4:23PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The show on Thursday had the normal amount of early birds and sales were excellent for all the dealers I talked with. Friday, the attendance was off about 10% from previous shows. Even though the attendance was off, those attending were spending money, which made the dealers very happy. The most requested items were gold and silver bullion, followed by Morgan dollars and type coins. I am not a tabled dealer at the show, but the promoter. As such, I am at the front registration table and hear and talk with those coming in. If you are in the area, and can attend today, please stop by.
There were no security issues on either Thursday or Friday and hopefully, there will not be any security issues today (Saturday). Security will be scanning dealer's cars prior to leaving for any tracking devices which might have been placed on them.
I bought a few "widgets," but nothing to post pictures of.
Added Saturday
Saturday's attendance was above average for Saturday and dealers were happy with their sales. No security issues that I was made aware of. Bullion sales had cooled off from Friday. I cautioned the dealers not to stop and leave their vehicles unattended and also cautioned many of the collectors I talked with.
I was standing at the entrance door and security was signing in the attendees. I noticed a familiar face in the signin line and when he came to the entry door, I noticed his name "Dana." I said: "Dana, you look familiar. Where do I know you from?" He replied: "Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Early American Auctions." It was Dana Linnet. He came to the coin show and the Civil War and WWII Show at the Eisenhower Hotel.
It was a great show, but I'm glad it is over! My wife was not able to attend, as she was visiting my daughter in Dallas, TX and my son in Georgetown, TX.

Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good security idea . . . I'll forward that one to the locals here. Again, appreciate your help on the case request.

Drunner

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad everyone had a good show!

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭✭

Nice report

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done report.

Often wondered why there is not a "dealers lot" with a volunteer or security keeping an eye on things.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:
    Well done report.

Often wondered why there is not a "dealers lot" with a volunteer or security keeping an eye on things.

They had this at the ACNS show in Linwood yesterday, and is planned for the upcoming Phiily Coin Expo in Oaks, Pa May 10 & 11.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

@littlebear said:

@yspsales said:
    Well done report.

They had this at the ACNS show in Linwood yesterday, and is planned for the upcoming Phiily Coin Expo in Oaks, Pa May 10 & 11.

Very quiet in AC show.
    Dealer attendance was down and public very light. Guess it made it easier to wonder the aisles

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report.

Vplite99

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file