Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a pic of a coin you regret buying

rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be one you still own or have since sold.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
Copperindian

Comments

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do buttons count?

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

peacockcoins

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putting lipstick on the pig via Trueview didn't work.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    To ashamed.

Now you've got to tell us. My curiosity is peaked.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    To ashamed.

I'm with you. I thought about telling them, I laughed about it, then I forgot about it! 🤣 :D

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK... probably this one... :-/

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MidLifeCrisis: looks like any regrets you had back then turned into a positive experience today!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options

:D

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been coins I regretted buying, but I no longer own them or have pictures of them. That's how I roll.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭

No sir, I will not.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@Smudge said:
    To ashamed.

I'm with you. I thought about telling them, I laughed about it, then I forgot about it! 🤣 :D

How can anything be more stupid and embarrassing than trading silver Franklin halves for dateless Buffalo nickels?

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@Smudge said:
    To ashamed.

How can anything be more stupid and embarrassing than trading silver Franklin halves for dateless Buffalo nickels?

Trading silver halves for fake Buffalo nickels.

• Options

@Barberian said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@Smudge said:
    To ashamed.

I don't know. But what if that dateless Buff had a major mint error or identifiable variety? Something to think about.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any of mine were not photo worthy and quickly were sent down the road at the nearest opportunity. They were either inexpensive, valuable lessons or part of an acceptable level of risk I was willing to take. No true regrets in many years.

Early days: Not knowing quality and what cleaning or problem coins look like.

More recent: Taking risks on bad photos that sometimes pay off (no true regrets here).

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@Barberian said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@Smudge said:
    To ashamed.

I don't know. But what if that dateless Buff had a major mint error or identifiable variety? Something to think about.

I still have some no-date nickels. They're yours for two rolls of Franklin half dollars.

• Options

@Barberian said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@Barberian said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@Smudge said:
    To ashamed.

I still have some no-date nickels. They're yours for two rolls of Franklin half dollars.

Let me think about it.

• Options

I thought about it.

• Options

I laughed about it.....

• Options

.....them I forgot about it. 🤣

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file