Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help! Errors?

Help! I have begun my journey into coin collecting and cherry-picking through the coins I already had saved up. I’m beginning to learn about the different errors and whatnot and was hoping for some help with these images I go and whether or not they are valuable and have “errors”

Comments

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2024 10:52AM

Those all are examples of post minting damage. The rings on the dime and quarter are most likely coin counters, Parking lots & tires explain the rest.

Edited to add The blobs on the quarter (wisdom) look like solder but MIGHT! Be little die breaks. still at that condition it’s worth face vale even as a oddity

• Options

Thank you for the book recommendation! I just recently purchased some others but will be adding this one as well!

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alicealias said:

Thank you for the book recommendation! I just recently purchased some others but will be adding this one as well!

You'll enjoy it!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins a Coinstar machine could not love.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a Redbook in your photos. A good sign to move forward in your collecting journey.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alicealias the book above is not real. There are real books on error coins and the minting process. Check the internet.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    @Alicealias the book above is not real. There are real books on error coins and the minting process. Check the internet.

Wow …. Thank goodness I didn’t search for it yet 🤦‍♀️ now that I read the “Author” I can see that lol 😂 thanks for sparing me further

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alicealias if you use the search feature and type "New redux" you shall find all the best reference sites. And they're all free. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    MapsOnFireMapsOnFire Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

The circular scrape on the 1922 quarter is not from a coin counter. It's from the fingers? that crimp the ends of the paper roll after inserting the coins. I saw a lot of this when I was handling many bags of Ike dollars 15 years ago.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you do.

LCoopie = Les

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file