Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Great Collections payout

Does anyone have experience in being paid by Great Collections for consignments in less than the 30 day settlement period? They state that most consignors are paid in 7 to 14 days. I seem to always have to wait the 30 days. Also do they send notification when the check is sent out? Can't remember.

Comments

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use them frequently and it's always 30 days, never 7-14 days. They don't send notification either.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

My experience- 30 days. Not 29 days. Not 31 days. 30 days exactly.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    seatedlib3991seatedlib3991 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

i had coins sold in an auction March 17th. I got the check yesterday. however many days that is. james

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

My most recent consignment auction date was 3/3. I received the check 3/22.

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s usually under 30 days from my experiences. Reasonable, I think. The only house that I seem to be fast tracked is HA.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to vary, but it has been a while since they beat 30 days, at least noticeably. No notice and I don’t believe their website has anything either. Never more than 30.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold a coin 3/17 and had a check in hand 4/4. Thank you GC for the quick payment.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, my checks are due 4/30 and 5/07. Didn't remember how soon the last few times came.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checks for consignments of only a few coins seem to show up a few days early.
    I have also had them combine consignments into a single check.
    None have ever taken more than 30 days.

Larry

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ldhair said:
    Checks for consignments of only a few coins seem to show up a few days early.
    I have also had them combine consignments into a single check.
    None have ever taken more than 30 days.

They combined two invoices of mine last year and made the first one late. Small issue, but overall they're top notch.

• Options
    MoparmonsterMoparmonster Posts: 147 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve gotten mine a few days before 30 days is up usually.

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

All these responses are 30 days or less. I recall the days of 45 day settlements for consignors. Once I got a call from my consignment director on about day 43 informing me the winning bidder defaulted & I would be getting nothing. “Do you want the coin back?”, he asked. I didn’t respond right away, but ended up trying again & had a successful outcome the second time through.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2024 7:23PM

The first time, they came quite fast,

A consignment last year was a little slower than normal

I just had two consignments settle last month on 2 seperate invoices and was paid within 3 weeks so little faster on those

Reading the last comment I often wondered. if you consign a coin, and it sells, but the buyer backs out and dosnt pay, how does the auction company handle this? never had this happen so i was curious?

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine usually arrived before 30 days. Typically it's around 20 to 25 days. And no, I am not notified that a check has been sent but I'm sure you could contact them if you want that information.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

30 days.

• Options
    seatedlib3991seatedlib3991 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

@ianrussell . hey, since getting my check the clothes dryer died, the living room tv died and my daughter hit a deer with the second car. Can you send a second check? James

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file