Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

any issues TPGS repeatedly labelling wrong mint mark? and in Turn using wromg diagnostics var

ok so ive sent 2 coins to tpgs 2 times now and again they comeback wromg mint mark on label causing yet not being attributed to a certain variety 1 of only 2 possible var., anyways the root cause not properly identifying M/M graders are looking for variety markers from different set dies no wonder. I just realized to check and see if the overstrikes Yup Lol have obliterated the unseen until now D mintmark makes sense. any recourse for me? I have 2 coins 2 dif tpgs both wrong M/M ID wrong diagnostics right from the start, spent 460.00 approx now at least. now I get to call and see how they want to handle this any experience? these 2 holdered coins are in my posession wrong m/m assumptions a ........when comes to M/M misidentifying.difference from 150.00 to 60000.00 if D was seen . on these!!

Comments

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be helpful if we could see the coins.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    Pick913Pick913 Posts: 111 ✭✭

i didnt want to post pic i didnt want to post until they maybe respond after to be fair really. Ill take pics of these give me few mins.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

wow i cant believe its that easy

• Options
    Married2CoinsMarried2Coins Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Well it is not an "S" or a "D" so what could it be?

• Options

i can see the strikeover the F

• Options

D

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the TPG calling it?

What do you think it is?

• Options

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aotearoa said:

Maybe you don't know OP...but it won't be helpful. It will be a spiral into delusionville.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I see it ... the CC for Carson City?

• Options

Ibought them holdered 1942p fb ms65and ms66 looking at the fact i saw something was up with dates and put rhem in for grading from one to another and didnt attribute because the 1 on thesae 2 were different harder to see like the D1942/1 but low and behold this is a double denomnation overstrike which flattened the D m/m i believe thats why the 1 was showing like the1942/1d diagnosts

• Options

not blatant like the p42/1

• Options

• Options

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

The probability of a TPG putting the wrong mintmark on a slab is small, but not zero. Accidents happen.

The probability of them doing it again and again, on multiple occasions, is so close to zero as makes no practical difference.

I would conclude that them putting the "wrong mintmark" on your coin was not a mistake. They do not believe it to be the same mintmark as you apparently do.

Occam's Razor suggests they are right, and you are wrong.

Feel free to continue throwing money at the TPGs, in the hope that one of them one day might agree with you. Sounds futile to me, but hey, it's your money.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm shocked that they didn't see the double domination, two country overstrike. Shocked.

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

@Aotearoa said:

Maybe you don't know OP...but it won't be helpful. It will be a spiral into delusionville.

I’m learning quickly…

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2024 1:41AM

For anyone who’s unfamiliar with this poster and about to waste time trying to help, see some of his previous thread titles below. (Edited to add: A number of the threads are clearly major trolling exercises.)

https://forums.collectors.com/profile/discussions/Pick913

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

@Aotearoa said:

It's like Dr. Emerald and Mr. Pick.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2024 5:47AM

We know this is a CF. Shun him. No one need respond to this dude any longer.

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that PCGS and the forum members continue to rent space in this member's head is comical.

Such a pathetic, lonely, waste of life to continue this nonsense.

If you are going to be a fake, take a page from finnyboi and get creative.

Dude has a YT channel and a grading company.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, he claimed he had them slabbed but showed no photos of the slabbed coin. It's all just a stupid game for him.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not paredoilia, its called mocking us.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file