Home Sports Talk
Options

So who do ya like to win the NCAA basketball women's championship game? Iowa or South Carolina

stevekstevek Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

So who do ya like to win the NCAA basketball women's championship game? Iowa or South Carolina

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    Iowa

Some say that women's basketball hasn't gotten enough love on this forum.

Well why not give it some love at least for a day? I'm picking Iowa, mainly because I like the players and the coach.

Might be tough though. South Carolina is a 6.5 point favorite. Iowa is going to need to play mistake free basketball, with at least one player getting red hot, and having an extraordinary game.

👩 🏀 😊

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭

Id like Iowa, but South Carolina hasnt lost and Iowa will have to play better to beat them than they did against UConn

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iowa

South Carolina coach Dawn Staley draws strong reactions after her remarks about transgender athletes participating in women's sports. Talk about a huge distraction for her team.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2024 5:03AM
    Iowa

South Carolina are 6.5 point favorites right now but I'm going with the fighting Caitlyn Clarks to pull off the upset.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    South Carolina

South Carolina by 7 to 10

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iowa

Even when UConn gave Caitlin Clark fits everytime she handled the ball she still found her teammates for open looks. I don't remember her name but #45 on iowa had a great game down low for the Hawkeyes with over 20pts in the paint. Martin was another Iowa player that stepped up too after taking an elbow to the nose earlier in the game.

I'm going with Iowa winning another close one.

• Options
    Iowa

@coolstanley said:
    South Carolina coach Dawn Staley draws strong reactions after her remarks about transgender athletes participating in women's sports. Talk about a huge distraction for her team.

I saw the clip of that. She was asked a question about it at a press conference. Then she hesitated for maybe ten seconds, rolled her eyes before answering, and then gave a snarky reply.

That was the wrong way to do it. If she was smarter, she would have simply replied to the effect that she wasn't going to comment about that now. That she would only take questions pertaining to the upcoming championship game.

Definitely a distraction as you stated. Whether or not that affects the team performance later today, we shall see.

• Options
    South Carolina

• Options
    Iowa

The line just moved to SC -7 on the website I looked at.

There was a notation underneath, that the line had to be moved in order to attract some Iowa money, because some whale named Perkdog just placed a sizable bet on SC.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South Carolina

@stevek said:
    The line just moved to SC -7 on the website I looked at.

There was a notation underneath, that the line had to be moved in order to attract some Iowa money, because some whale named Perkdog just placed a sizable bet on SC.

😂😂😂😂

• Options
    Iowa

Line just moved again to SC -7.5

Feeding frenzy? We shall see.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South Carolina

The last time SC lost was to Iowa. So there is that betting,forgot it's called wagering now, angle.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South Carolina

Funny. Lobo referred to "man to man" coverage among the ladies on the floor.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Iowa

Nice start for Iowa.

We shall see if it continues.

• Options
    Iowa

Iowa down by three at the half.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭

Iowa is missing way to many shots

• Options
    Iowa

Wow, my wife just told me that she doesn't like Caitlyn Clark and she hopes that South Carolina wins, I think she's jealous of Clark. Of course you know what this means, I'm caught right smack dab in the middle of a good old fashioned cat fight. Easy ladies, there's plenty of me to go around!

https://youtu.be/NEdPV-mh1js?si=eIFnOqH254ArQtGT

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2024 2:25PM
    Iowa

That was a really good game. You could just tell as the game wore on South Carolina's height just proved to be to much. Whether it was their points scored off offensive rebounds late in the game or disrupting Caitlin Clark's rhythm out beyond the 3pt line on the other end,it was the difference in this game.

I only watched two of the Women's Final Four games but in each one, the winning team beat the team that beat them in last season's Final Four. Those two games were just as entertaining as any men's basketball game that I've seen this basketball season,they were just really great games.

on a sidenote,Its going to be interesting to see where Caitlin Clark's pro basketball career goes from here.

• Options
    Iowa

@stevek said:
    Nice start for Iowa.

We shall see if it continues.

Good start, bad finish.

Congrats to South Carolina.

• Options
    Iowa

@doubledragon said:
    Wow, my wife just told me that she doesn't like Caitlyn Clark and she hopes that South Carolina wins, I think she's jealous of Clark. Of course you know what this means, I'm caught right smack dab in the middle of a good old fashioned cat fight. Easy ladies, there's plenty of me to go around!

Just tell the wife you only contacted Caitlyn because you wanted to be her agent. 😉

• Options
    Iowa

@4Boston said:
    South Carolina by 7 to 10

Good call.

Hope ya put a dent in DraftKings bank account.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South Carolina

I had no idea SC had a 6"7 woman on their team, that is tough to stop.

I've never really kept an eye on Woman's College Hoops before but hearing Caitlin Clark's name so many times it peaked my interest

• Options
    Iowa

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

Just tell the wife you only contacted Caitlyn because you wanted to be her agent. 😉

Caitlyn Clark wouldn't stand a chance.

• Options
    South Carolina

@perkdog said:
    I had no idea SC had a 6"7 woman on their team, that is tough to stop.

I've never really kept an eye on Woman's College Hoops before but hearing Caitlin Clark's name so many times it peaked my interest

Didn’t peak mine. Didn’t watch the game either. I’d rather watch turtles play tennis.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

and in

now the world can go back to not caring about women's basketball.

just like normal

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.