Home Precious Metals
Options

*** The Official April 2024 Precious Metals Buy Sell Trade Thread ***

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

If you have any Precious Metal items that you are selling, please post a reply to this thread with description, asking price, shipping and accepted methods of payment. Photos of items for sale are definitely a plus and having your User Profile turned on helps as well.

If you have any Precious Metal items that you are actively looking to purchase, post a reply to this thread expressing what it is you are looking for and what you're willing to pay. Limit posts to things that only pertain to buying and selling; other comments/questions can be messaged privately to the seller/buyer so it doesn't clutter up the thread.

Please do not make any extra threads on this subject matter in the Precious Metals forum.

This one thread will be active for all of April 2024; when May 2024 comes around we'll start a new thread and this one will no longer be active.

Comments

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to swap silver for newer Euros currency for an upcoming trip. I've got American Silver Eagles or a P Series Engelhard old pour 10 oz bar I'm willing to swap.

I'm also willing to trade graded 5 oz silver ATBs - see my post on the US Coins BST for details.

PM me if interested. Plenty of board refs available on request.

• Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2024 1:08PM

$sold. for 2 x Half Ounces.

Jefferson First Spouse Gold. 1/2 ounce Proof and 1/2 ounce Unc. Box in a sealed in a US Mint Shipping Box Unopened as received by me from the mint in 2007. $sold
    (price good with gold under $sold

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2024 4:13PM

. SOLD

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

TTT. Gold Under Spot!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2024 3:00PM

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2024 6:57PM

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking for a 1986 and a 1968 Krugerrand

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for 3 AGE with as little of a premium as possible. Please reach out.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's a good rule of thumb for X for X times face for circ Walkers? 20 times? 22 times?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:
    What's a good rule of thumb for X for X times face for circ Walkers? 20 times? 22 times?

Spot is currently 20.3x. Halves always carry a slight premium over the rest of the 90% junk. Haven't bought any in years but assume 21-22x would be a good number if buying retail. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Spot is currently 20.3x. Halves always carry a slight premium over the rest of the 90% junk. Haven't bought any in years but assume 21-22x would be a good number if buying retail. RGDS!

I'd be selling. Right now silver is approx $28. Would that same 21-22 hold for $35 silver? Would nicer condition no junk coins add a bit say 23 times?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2024 5:10PM

@BAJJERFAN said:

@blitzdude said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

I'd be selling. Right now silver is approx $28. Would that same 21-22 hold for $35 silver? Would nicer condition no junk coins add a bit say 23 times?

Depends on where you sell, I suppose currently $28 spot. Go to Reddit, those kids would probably pay 25x+. Feebay maybe 23-24x but then fees + shipping would bring you less than retail. Craigslist 21-22x. Slimeshop 18X or less. RGDS!

P.S. A smackdown could start as soon as an hour from now but current trend suggests you may want to hold on a bit for additional +$x. If you need the $$$ I suppose it's not a bad time to dump it.....but then higher gutter = higher X. Glad I'm mostly paper this go round. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@blitzdude said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Depends on where you sell, I suppose currently $28 spot. Go to Reddit, those kids would probably pay 25x+. Feebay maybe 23-24x but then fees + shipping would bring you less than retail. Craigslist 21-22x. Slimeshop 18X or less. RGDS!

P.S. A smackdown could start as soon as an hour from now but current trend suggests you may want to hold on a bit for additional +$x. If you need the $$$ I suppose it's not a bad time to dump it.....but then higher gutter = higher X. Glad I'm mostly paper this go round. THKS!

Thanks

I'm in no hurry to sell; just noticing that PMs are moving up.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked Scotsman in St. Louis (they publish a trading sheet).

Looks like about a 11% buy/sell spread for 90% (half dollars a little better.)

Between 18X and 19X depending on the quantity.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    I checked Scotsman in St. Louis (they publish a trading sheet).

Looks like about a 11% buy/sell spread for 90% (half dollars a little better.)

Between 18X and 19X depending on the quantity.

those are terrible buy prices...well below melt...but it seems to be pretty typical right now...the premiums to sell have turned negative for everything except ASE. I got more than 20X on 90% when silver was $22 a couple years ago. Got +15 on ASE. Seems like this 40% rise in silver prices doesn't actually correspond to making more $$$ lol.

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

A thread over in the coin area got me thinking about selling off 14K for melt purposes. Current spot is $2409 with 14K price of $1405 per troy oz $45.20 per gram).

What buy prices are people seeing? I stopped in a place and they offered $26 per gram. Is this what people are seeing elsewhere?

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭

So fascinated with the 90% pricing.
    When I was dealing heavily...

Buy side .665 x spot. = 19.95 x face at 30$
    Sell side .715 x spot = 21.5 x face at 30$

I used 30$ just for simplification.

We did large volumes and lived in that margin. If you brought dimes and lower volume we would drop to .625 and if you brought halves/dollars at higher volume we would go up as high as 25x
    There was a dealer small guy that I visited frequently and he was buying at 10 or 11x face mainly dealing with the junkies and material that was less than up and up...

Then in NJ would go up to the "mall" and visit my Russian buddy who was always buying at 15x face... I got so many Barbers from him...
    Sorry reminiscing life was really different then.

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2024 12:00PM

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 oz Bar $295 shipped in the U.S. Zelle, Venmo or Paypal

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2024 4:12PM

1 oz AGE for $2380 PPFF. Regular Shipping included, or $2400 for USPS express. This is the weekend price until Sunday afternoon.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2024 1:31PM

Royal Canadian Mint tube of 20 1/2 ounce .9999 silver rounds.
    2015 "First Special Service Force" Canada/USA

Beautiful $2 rounds - 10 ounces of silver total.
    SOLD, THANKS

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2024 9:08AM

For sale the following 1 oz Platinum Proof Eagles. I love these coins, but it's time for them to go. Price includes shipping.

2002-W: $$$SOLD$$$
    2011-W: $1375
    2016-W: $$$SOLD$$$

I accept Venmo, Zelle or Paypal F&F (or regular +3.5%), USPS Money Orders and Euros currency (newer notes). Will also consider trades for ASEs or Mexican 1 oz Libertads.

PM me if interested. Plenty of board refs available on request.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTB: These 4 Engelhard 1 Ounce Silver Bars:

landscape / no serial number / logo on reverse
    landscape / no serial number / Fine Pebbled reverse

portrait / no serial number / frosted-fine reverse
    portrait / no serial number / logo on reverse