Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1916 doubled die obverse buffalo nickel on ebay with opening bid of $200, what say you?

BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

1916 "doubled die obverse" buffalo nickel on ebay with opening bid of $200, what say you? Interested??
Wonder if anyone out there, some bidiot, will take a hit on this one?

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not link such listings so those who are interested in bidding or reporting them can find them much faster?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well now that we got the above comment posted herein out of the way, since it is a fake obviously, how does one have the B@@ls to put this in an auction and try to get two hundred bucks?
    dunno!

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    Why not link such listings so those who are interested in bidding or reporting them can find them much faster?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285762447998

I love the way he spells 'doubled'.

:#

peacockcoins

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obvious counterfeit but he only needs to fool one person. Probably of Chinese origin.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options

@braddick said:

@MFeld said:

Thank you, I reported it and messaged the seller. However, it's usually quite a bit easier and faster for the person who has already pulled up a listing in order to to post about it, to share it with the forum.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@braddick said:

@MFeld said:

Thank you, I reported it and messaged the seller. However, it's usually quite a bit easier and faster for the person who has already pulled up a listing in order to to post about it, to share it with the forum.

As he joined eBay on March 6, 2024 it is possible he will not return your message and perhaps is knowingly involved in skullduggery.

But I like your open mindedness and trust in humankind. Looking for the good in others.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:

@MFeld said:

@braddick said:

@MFeld said:

As he joined eBay on March 6, 2024 it is possible he will not return your message and perhaps is knowingly involved in skullduggery.

But I like your open mindedness and trust in humankind. Looking for the good in others.

I don’t send such messages, expecting to receive a reply or assuming that the seller is unaware. I send them, just in case. In instances in which a seller is a repeat offender, I just report the listings, without contacting them.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just love how pronounced the doubling is. There's no doubt that it's a doubled die!

And WOW! A bonus.

It's the rare raised mound version too!

Man, I gotta have it big time..............................................

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

A type one, silver and dubbled to boot. Just wow!

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2024 2:08PM

@davewesen said:
    Amazing to have a type 1 mound reverse - should add to value >:)

You beat me to it. Yes, a type 1 reverse on a type 2 1916. A really stupid fake😂😂
    It’s also grainy as all hell.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh yes, California is the new China!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:
    Amazing to have a type 1 mound reverse - should add to value >:)

50% more value at least. Starting price should be more like $300.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Ahh yes, California is the new China!

Just a stepping stone.........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file