Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANACS Soap Bar Lovers Unite!

Comments

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:
    @TennesseeDave RE is one of the crossover combos (EX is the other) that were in use by ANA and continued under Amos. That dates your slab to the 2nd half of 1990.

Thanks for that information BStrauss3, cool to know when it was slabbed.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

LO and SX

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

WE

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2023 8:03PM

That's correct. It doesn't look any better in-hand. 😂 🤣

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently picked up this ANACS Gen. 3 slab.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one of a batch that @86Saab has been monitoring for years. No real clue WHY they stopped putting the bar code on it and then restarted, but he's got some fairly clear number range data.

I know he has been keeping the interesting ones and selling off some of the others, the last time I "found" one for him it was one of his.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:
    That is one of a batch that @86Saab has been monitoring for years. No real clue WHY they stopped putting the bar code on it and then restarted, but he's got some fairly clear number range data.

I know he has been keeping the interesting ones and selling off some of the others, the last time I "found" one for him it was one of his.

My newest Gen. 3 came from 86Saab.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options

@UpGrayedd Nice pick up. My first post to this forum was in 86Saab thread on ANACS holders. I found it online while searching and didn't realize it was an old thread. I checked all my slabs and happened to have 6 of the Gen 3 holders that he didn't have in his census.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@86Saab said:
    I love these holders and love to see everyone's holders posted! Thanks for the mentions @BStrauss3 & @UpGrayedd

Here's my SWH's.

Wow. Thanks for posting. Nice group of soapers. Thanks 🙏

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2023 9:10AM

I Like the Holder, Been collecting these for a long time now and have done the set of all S/N combos from ANACS and AMOS.
    Plus, Did you know that there are 14 different holders for the problem coins, Just in the soapbar holders.

Bob

• Options

• Options

@OAKSTAR any particular reason to blind the cert# but not the bar code?

-----Burton
  • Options

@BStrauss3 said:
    @OAKSTAR any particular reason to blind the cert# but not the bar code?

No, no reason now. Here you go.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2024 11:22AM

Where or how are you guys store these little gems?

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

I've only got two and they rattle in between my PCGS and NGC slabbed coins in the box. I used to keep them in my 2x2 box with my other Large Cents and just kept the lid off.

Yeah... no great way to store these...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd prefer all coin slabs were this size.

• Options
    86Saab86Saab Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR I store them in Intercept boxes for ANACS white holders.

• Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2024 12:09PM

@lkenefic said:

@OAKSTAR said:

I've only got two and they rattle in between my PCGS and NGC slabbed coins in the box. I used to keep them in my 2x2 box with my other Large Cents and just kept the lid off.

Unless you have the Eagle ANACS holder for 21 slabs, :). Used to be full. Have a couple more slabs in my desk somewhere but broke out a lot out for my Dansco album. I need to get some Goo Gone to get rid of that rubber band remnants.

• Options

Right 2nd photo.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2024 12:14PM

@86Saab said:
    @OAKSTAR I store them in Intercept boxes for ANACS white holders.

Bingo! Yep, that's the ticket!! 👍

• Options

@ctf_error_coins said:
    I plan to crack this one out as it is under graded by 2 or 3 points.

Convince me not to ...

Send it to me and I promise it will remain in that slab! 🤣 😉

• Options

@ctf_error_coins

I hate to see these old holders destroyed but if you plan to sell it and it will make a big difference in value, then it would be foolish not to crack it. If you plan on keeping it, why not leave it where it is, it looks great in that little white holder.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2024 12:34PM

@lkenefic said:

@OAKSTAR said:

This could be the solution to your problem @lkenefic. Check out this Aadapter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154187930790

• Options

They generally fit nicely but one box came with a bit of an outward bow and I had some of the smaller gen 1-4 holders coming out of their slots. I ran tape across it giving it an inward bow and left it for awhile and so far it is holding the slabs in place. I would still recommend these boxes with that minor complaint.

@OAKSTAR I was going to recommend those as well if you only have a few. I use them for rattlers, they work great.

• Options

:);)

• Options
    seatedlib3991seatedlib3991 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

I store mine in my regular Eagle 9 to a page slab pages. You just have to use a small piece of foam to hold them in place. James
    also, my favorite slab of all time

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Can do. 😁. First slab I ever bought.. 93-94 , Denver, coin shop off N. Wadsworth blvd, as I recall

Colfax Coin?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just bought my first one last week. Was going to crack it out but will keep it as is for now. Maybe a silver date set as a challenge when my Large Cents run into a dry spell.

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:

No clue why they changed the holders. I do know there are 6 different soapbar style holders with the first and the 3rd one being the toughest to find. Especially the 3rd style..

Could you or anyone post the 3 different styles for us?

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options

GEN 1

• Options

GEN 2

• Options

GEN 3

• Options
  • Options

@86Saab what about 4,5 and 6?

• Options

GEN 4

• Options

GEN 5 (2mm taller & wider than gens 1-4)

• Options
    edited March 13, 2024 3:59PM

GEN 6 (2mm taller & wider than gens 1-4) Gold rear pyramids replace orange/red ones from gens 2-5

• Options

Gen 1 & 2, the Gen 1 has the Genie Lamp on reverse and hologram reflects different colors. Both seem under-graded by today's standards.

• Options

ANA lamp of knowledge vs. Amos Press A.

-----Burton
  • Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Nice selection of slabs @AlanSki! What's going on here?

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    Nice selection of slabs @AlanSki! What's going on here?

Tape residue from an old sticker.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file