Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why eBay buyers drink...

DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 9, 2024 8:54PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Drinking isn't reserved to the sellers. Received this GSA just like this today.

Not a bad coin though.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

Comments

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShaunBC5 said:
    At least they put the air cushions in there with it. Slow the rattling down a bit.

Guy from the PO was like "it doesn't feel like there's anything in there but you can hear it!" And gives it a good shake. I woulda laughed if I wasn't so surprised.

Not sure it woulda made it intact if it was anything but a quick trip over the Delaware River.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

It shook itself out of the original black box and then the cert flew out along the way, 'eh?

Actually that is about the worse packing, or lack thereof, that I have ever seen.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

:#

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had someone mail me a Newfoundland $2 gold piece (they all have tiny mintages) raw in a business letter envelope and it arrived bent because the envelope was machined.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appealing GSA dpl gem.

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, really?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. That is the complete opposite of a coin I bought off ebay. Coin was in a capsule, tapped shut with several layers of tape, wrapped in paper, bubble wrapped and taped inside a bubble mailer, and inside a box with more packing stuff. Box was big for a single raw coin I was questioning if there was anything in there when I got it.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the packing effort failed the straight face test...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned, a larger box may be less likely to be stolen. However, if that is the reason the coin was shipped this way, I would hope the slab was at least taped to the bottom cardboard! Otherwise it would be a rattler! bouncing around inside the box during shipment... not a good idea. I'd say overall, not much care was given to this shipment. Something to bear in mind if you may do business with that seller in the future.

----- kj
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Box within a box is my standard.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are a couple of recent feedbacks I've received. For some reason, I packed the catalog in a plastic zip-lock bag. :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got this in the mail from a Whatnot seller last week, shockingly everything was intact.
    He did get a bit of an earful from me however!

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate sellers who ship 5lb reference books in a mailer the same size as the book. As if the post office isn't going to drop it 1000 times and smash the corners.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or why ebay sellers put their "store" on vacation after a spate of unreasonable returns....

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those sticky corrugated things are always nice.

LCoopie = Les

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file