Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CACG and me

cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 9, 2024 10:17AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just got my first submission posted. I used the Morgan/Peace tier. It was just a two coin order of yellow label Morgan varieties that I wanted attributed on the labels. CACG variety attribution is very reasonably priced especially if you know your variety and include it on your submission. Happy about the 1882 O/O straight grading at ANACS grade. The 1878 S I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I'll take a look once I get them back in hand.

Many happy BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2024 10:43AM

Seems about right, I've heard that anacs often awards a grade ending in 0 when the coin has issues, and it would otherwise be a details grade.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    mattnissmattniss Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    Seems about right, I've heard that acacs often awards a grade ending in 0 when the coin has issues, and it would otherwise be a details grade.

+1 as I've heard the same.

• Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    Seems about right, I've heard that anacs often awards a grade ending in 0 when the coin has issues, and it would otherwise be a details grade.

That's good to know hadn't heard that before. Although I never bought an ANACS MS60 before had purchased an AU50 in old soapbar holder which was an XF in my opinion. From 78S photos hard to tell, knew not MS but guess the luster was dulled from over-dipping or had some hairlines.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on the luster breaks, probably a light cleaning. But a good result and almost definitely a value increase.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file