Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hold or sell #/25 2016 XRC McCaffrey Tie-Dye BGS 9.5

I invested some in McCaffrey and figured it might be worth holding onto this rookie and a raw #/10 2014 Leaf Auto. Today he established the most TDs in a season for the 49er franchise . If I sell before the SB and he gets MVP with a superbowl win then would it likely make much of a difference? Maybe the anticipation of the SB would make it be worth more than if they lose and he chokes?

I didn't check the pop report but it probably doesn't matter since it's serialized.

Hold or sell #/25 2016 XRC McCaffrey Tie-Dye BGS 9.5

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

No vote from me. It depends if you need the sale. I don’t think his prices will go down in the near future so holding won’t cost you anything. If they win the SB and he’s MVP then maybe a great time

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

hold

• Options

@1959 said:
    hold

Would you hold both the 2016 xrc tie-dye #/25 and 2014 Leaf Auto #/10?

I'm leaning towards dumping one before the superbowl incase this is the Pinnacle of his value. It'll be hard for him to continue at the level he is at. As much as I like Purdy (iowa state), I think McCaffrey could do much more if he had a QB like Lamar where there's a bunch more options.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JolleyWrencher said:

@1959 said:
    hold

Would you hold both the 2016 xrc tie-dye #/25 and 2014 Leaf Auto #/10?

I'm leaning towards dumping one before the superbowl incase this is the Pinnacle of his value. It'll be hard for him to continue at the level he is at. As much as I like Purdy (iowa state), I think McCaffrey could do much more if he had a QB like Lamar where there's a bunch more options.

I completely disagree! McCaffrey will continue to do well in SF with Purdy and continue to go to SB's. Lamar would only take away rushing yards, TD's scored and would be less likely to go to the SB.

It was nice to see Lamar work on his accuracy in the offseason and improve his completion percentage.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Definitely hold.

• Options

I agree I also think if SF wins he will make a strong case for MVP. He would be the first RB SB MVP since Terrell Davis.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

I misplaced the card and found it last night in a box of cards I brought to share with my Uncle last fall. 10 days until the SB and I usually run my auctions 10days and promote them if it's worth over $500. I leave plenty of profit for ebay but the views are mind blowing.

The only thing making this decision difficult appears to be greed for me. Since I'm not a true McCaffrey fan, I'd rather leave some profits for the kid or person out there who would appreciate it more.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

My advice is always the same - if you want it to be part of your collection keep it. If not sell it and do something that has more value to you with the money than the current sales price (be it another card, a TV, cash in the bank, etc.) Timing the market is impossible.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

SELLLLLLLLL !!!

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    SELLLLLLLLL !!!

OMG!

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell

mint_only_pls