Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shout out to Ian and his crew at Great Collections

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great auction results overall . All PCGS coins. One CACG coin did horrible, but the others made up for it.

Thank You Great Collections!!

Comments

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, since you mentioned it, can we get a link to the one that did horribly?

• Options

It’s on the buy sell board as link. You can find it…

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ian & GC are great, couldn't ask for better service from that group. I got some stuff running now and some currency getting ready to start. Most of the stuff I sell thru there does pretty well, once in a while something not so much, but that's usually becuase I made a bad purchase or paid too high, not thier venue.

• Options

We disagree! After all you are deplorable!!! Ha ha! I think it should have done better.. Anyway yes I am very pleased overall!!

• Options
    GoBustGoBust Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2024 7:53AM

I've had really great experiences with Great Collections as well. Solid price for my large cent that just sold. Thanks to Ian and Co.!

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

65 CAC CPG is $40.50. $44 seems pretty good!

• Options
    GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭

DD, you referenced 2021....would that have anything to do with many new keyboard bidders on low-priced stuff during the height of Covid and the NFT craze, baseball cards, etc. ?

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoldFinger1969 said:
    DD, you referenced 2021....would that have anything to do with many new keyboard bidders on low-priced stuff during the height of Covid and the NFT craze, baseball cards, etc. ?

Not sure, but possibly. It’s worth noting that along with the OGH that sold for over $200, these other two were the only CAC examples of this issue to be pushed through GC in recent years. I can see why OP might have thought he would have gotten more, but at the end of the day it’s a low value coin that most wouldn’t even bother to grade, let alone send to CAC.

Normally an exuberant price can be rationalized with the coin’s attributes ie. undergraded, OGH, rattler, rainbow toned. In this case, they appear to be two ordinary properly graded coins with CAC stickers. My opinion is that there was demand from several collectors who may have been putting a CAC set together in a registry, and they didn’t care about overpaying in the moment despite the fact that you could make one for far less than they paid.

• Options

I’m so over it based on the other results. I think it will be interesting to watch how CACG COINS do at auction compared to PCGS CAC over time. Yes, we are in early days..

• Options
    GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    Not sure, but possibly. It’s worth noting that along with the OGH that sold for over $200, these other two were the only CAC examples of this issue to be pushed through GC in recent years. I can see why OP might have thought he would have gotten more, but at the end of the day it’s a low value coin that most wouldn’t even bother to grade, let alone send to CAC. Normally an exuberant price can be rationalized with the coin’s attributes ie. undergraded, OGH, rattler, rainbow toned. In this case, they appear to be two ordinary properly graded coins with CAC stickers. My opinion is that there was demand from several collectors who may have been putting a CAC set together in a registry, and they didn’t care about overpaying in the moment despite the fact that you could make one for far less than they paid.

I noticed in 2020-21 that lower-priced items -- whether baseball cards or coins -- were showing the biggest percentage increase in prices. This is where the stimulus checks that gave many Americans plenty of discretionary income was spent.

CDN had a front-page article that noted big increases in Large Denomination Currency in lower-grades by 1st-time buyers and folks who were not active before 2020.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2024 11:00AM

I actually won the IKE in question,,,,,, I too expected for it to sell for much more.

GrandAm :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file