Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is USPS holding up your coin deliveries and arrivals?

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 22, 2024 7:36PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm waiting on two shipments from Heritage that shipped last Wednesday and tracking still says in Texas.

I know that the severe weather events around the country are having a large impact.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

My VaultBox order was delayed one day and it's shipping from California to the East Coast.

Supposed to be delivered today.🤞

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but definitely weather related.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shipped a coin by Priority to a small town 23 miles from Houston
    Mailed on January 8 and it is out for delivery today.
    It sat in the North Houston facility for12 days.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't get mail all week - it was delivered Sunday evening right before another freezing rain storm.
    Its a pretty widespread event.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2024 1:15PM

I have had some packages disappear from tracking this last few weeks with the abominable weather over North America. Nothing has been lost and I just work at exercising additional patience. Five packages are due today.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2024 1:42PM

I order mostly from the USA and I live in Canada. All good on my end. I use USPS 90% of the time and maybe 10% FeDex when buying from the USA.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like things are settling down in my neck of the woods.....the Mid-Atlantic.

Got one today, getting one tomorrow, and should have a third on Wednesday!

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that I'm aware of, but the boxes are sure taking a beating.

For expensive stuff, I use a FedEx box in a USPS priority box - they hold up much better.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mail delivery has been spotty the last 2 weeks (Cleveland area). The USPS must be backed up for some reason as my mail is usually delivered by 3pm but now on the days they do actually deliver it's after 7:30pm.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had 1" of snow last monday here in N.E.Tx., and usps never delivered mail until the following thursday. It's raining and 50 degrees and my ups package is an hour away and delayed due to weather. Lol

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    My VaultBox order was delayed one day and it's shipping from California to the East Coast.

Same here for a different item. It got delayed 2 days and might be here today

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Mine arrived yesterday!😎

• Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

Yes, have a package stuck in MO that was to be delivered yesterday.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent a package on the 9th of January 45 miles away. It still hasn't arrived. I could have gotten there walking in snow shoes, by now.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Running behind, original estimate was Sat, Dec 30 - Fri, Jan 5

Shipment history

Wed, Dec 27
    9:47pm
    In Transit
    BETHLEHEM, PA 18002

Tue, Dec 26
    3:20pm
    Tracking number provided

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    We had 1" of snow last monday here in N.E.Tx., and usps never delivered mail until the following thursday. It's raining and 50 degrees and my ups package is an hour away and delayed due to weather. Lol

What happened to the USPS motto of “Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”?

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted in another thread, we got xmas cards returned to us with correct addresses yesterday from last month. Only thing we could think of is the wife used cursive.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@johnny9434 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Mine arrived yesterday!😎

got it in this am mail :)

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine's been stuck in Illinois since Jan. 18, according to USPS tracking.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OnWithTheHunt said:

Illinois can be slow at times. They have tons of packages to process. I had one stay there almost 2 weeks but it arrived safely.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Package shipped from Texas on Jan 17 just showed up in Vegas,was supposed to be delivered on Monday the 21st

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:

@OnWithTheHunt said:

Illinois can be slow at times. They have tons of packages to process. I had one stay there almost 2 weeks but it arrived safely.

Looks like I didn't break your record. My coin has reached Hartford today, PO says, so I should get it in a day or two.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    SilverAge3SilverAge3 Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited January 24, 2024 9:54PM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I sent a package on the 9th of January 45 miles away. It still hasn't arrived. I could have gotten there walking in snow shoes, by now.

Snowshoe Express!
    Need some stamps for this.

• Options

Most of my delays are in the scan between the local DC and my PO. Those last 10 miles or so have been taking 2-3 days.

Last spring, the record was six weeks and two days to get from being received at the post office to being delivered to my box.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a package sitting in Jamaica, NY for 6 days or so.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Zach98Zach98 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

Im based in Scranton, PA. Like others have said I’m sure some of it is weather related. However, even prior to the severe weather around the US I’ve had very bad luck with USPS. I have had several packages go missing both as a buyer and seller. I’m pretty active on eBay as a seller. I sell things other than coins and have had a few very well packed things broken recently. With in the last month I had a GE clock and sconce light broken. USPS really is a pain but I suppose a necessary one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file