Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Boeing Employees Coin Club show wrap and short show report!

2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 22, 2024 11:45AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I’ll be set up somewhere? Next to Bellingham Coin.
Please stop by and say hello!

Comments

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

See you on Saturday, assuming the forecast is correct for the freezing rain to stop on Friday.

• Options

@yosclimber , yes looks like we are escaping the freeze just in time!

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭

watch for specials on door plugs.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2windy2fish said:
    I’ll be set up somewhere? Next to Bellingham Coin.
    Please stop by and say hello!

I would appreciate it if you would take my want list to the show and pass it around, nothing to expensive but just hard to find
    Here:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1098123/my-holiday-wish-want-list-updated-1-12-24#latest

Thanks
    Mike

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drat! I'll be in Las Vegas. Love the Boeing show.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a good show! I will try to be there.

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Y'all beat me to the good comments, damnit!

Hope the show is a good one.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be a great show, some people are on fire to get there.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I escaped seattle for the weekend and found gorgeous weather. Unfortunately, after my first connection was canceled, I got rebooked and a few hours later found new, different crap weather. Either way, nope, can’t make it this year.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

Yes I will be setting up on Saturday. I’m bringing 75 PCGS Morgan’s all with CAC and a few with gold stickers too.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@airplanenut said:
    I escaped seattle for the weekend and found gorgeous weather. Unfortunately, after my first connection was canceled, I got rebooked and a few hours later found new, different crap weather. Either way, nope, can’t make it this year.

>

We understand...since @Lakesammman and I aren't setting up, you felt no reason to go. Appreciate ya! ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2024 12:35PM

Possibly go today.

edit - can't make it this year :/

Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was always a great show when I was working up in the PNW.

Because it's a club show several club members would set up to sell parts of their collections and dealers would bring less common stuff.

One year I spent an enjoyable hour going through a book of 3cs in 2x2s with my USB microscope - something you would never see at a "real" show. And I cherry-picked two contemporary counterfeits in the doing.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there today.
    Hope to see some friends and find something for my 7070
    🍺

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I can finally get out of the neighborhood easily up here in Bellingham, so I'll see you guys this afternoon.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CircCam said:
    I got there later than I hoped as was coming back from a trip, bummed I missed ya @Bochiman !

The vibe was good this year- felt more lively than the others since Jan 2020 to me. Coffee and donuts filling the air was lovely. I didn't find any bust halves for my set, so I bought a few things that struck me in one way or another and were priced right:

All in all a great way to spend a Saturday.

Nice pick-ups!
    I did look for you on Saturday, but I was in and out by 1pm-ish. I did see a couple folks who always drop by the table that Lakesammman and I have had at other shows, so I did walk the bourse a few times to see if I could find you and say "hello".

Hopefully your trip was a good one and it definitely looks like the show was good for you as well.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    CircCamCircCam Posts: 237 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:

@CircCam said:
    I got there later than I hoped as was coming back from a trip, bummed I missed ya @Bochiman !

The vibe was good this year- felt more lively than the others since Jan 2020 to me. Coffee and donuts filling the air was lovely. I didn't find any bust halves for my set, so I bought a few things that struck me in one way or another and were priced right:

Nice pick-ups!
    I did look for you on Saturday, but I was in and out by 1pm-ish. I did see a couple folks who always drop by the table that Lakesammman and I have had at other shows, so I did walk the bourse a few times to see if I could find you and say "hello".

Hopefully your trip was a good one and it definitely looks like the show was good for you as well.

Ah that makes sense- I got there right around 1. Oh well- Spring PNNA is right around the corner. :smile:

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CircCam said:

The first coin I bought was this walker that caught my eye, I love envelope toning, even when the color is subtle:

Next I bought this Canadian cent, cause it looks like the northern lights and reminded me of winter in Alaska:

A braided cent and barber 25c with the perfect original looks for my circulated 7070 side project:

Lastly some exo that spoke to me:

Sharp looking Canadian Cent

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't get there until about 2. But since a lot of people had already left, I got the 4:00 door prize! I had fun, though. See you at the April PNNA show...

• Options

Very busy Saturday with a lot of people on the bourse.
    Sales were decent, almost met my goal for the weekend.
    Great to catch up with @yosclimber and @Swampboy !
    Sunday started a bit slow but ended up with more folks than usual attending.
    I asked several contemporaries about the show and business overall, consensus was high end material remains strong but everything else is a bit soft, no one really knows why?
    Interesting that my silver sales were good but sold no gold and i had it priced very competitively…
    Lots of YN’s wandering around.
    Chatted with West Coast Coin, Revick said that F.U.N. was their best show ever!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file