Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold is set to SURGE 300%!!

AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 11, 2023 3:50PM in Precious Metals

According to the ad in the WSJ. Please also note that the 1908 double eagle was minted only in 1908...

Smitten with DBLCs.

Comments

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know. There’s no truth like the truth in advertising!

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who actually believed that would be buying, not selling.

Exactly right - if I knew something was about to triple in price, the last thing I would want to do is tell anybody about it. I'd be too busy buying up all I could.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2023 2:37PM

Upsell pros.

That is not a cheap ad.

• Options

And I thought readers of the WSJ were smart (and I don’t mean Fredo smart)…

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

While not likely, anything is possible with fiat currency.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pumpkinhead said:
    And I thought readers of the WSJ were smart (and I don’t mean Fredo smart)…

But there was something in it for him.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold now is $2044 so that is just a hair over melt .... the continued sales calls would be painful

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

But ....... they're "trusted experts". :D

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again?

• Options

Kidding aside, that's a good price

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

This does not look like an ad that should appear in the WSJ. I have a lot of doubt they are really selling even one morgan at less than wholesale. These ads are exceedingly expensive and not conducive to giving away valuable coins.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options

In fact these ads are so expensive that giving away 100 gold coins and 500 silver dollars is pretty cheap in comparison.

I wager a lot more "gold guides" go out than gold coins.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loss leader ad. Note the limited quantities. It's just bait.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

...but, but, there's a FREE GOLD GUIDE!!

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:

Exactly. They want to get your contact information so they can pester you with sales calls. It's not worth it. Some will buy the one coin per household using their correct mailing address but give them a fake phone number.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

I put my order in today

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only??

I'm thinking once tshtf and the dollar is valued based on all the federal debt it could be much, much higher! And those stacking and holding lots of PM will be richer than Midas or Croesis!!!

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Catbert said:

Exactly. They want to get your contact information so they can pester you with sales calls. It's not worth it. Some will buy the one coin per household using their correct mailing address but give them a fake phone number.

They'll try to sell you MS/PR70 fractional "rare" gold later for inflated prices. Typical WSJ shills.

• Options

@logger7 said:
    Only??

I'm thinking once tshtf and the dollar is valued based on all the federal debt it could be much, much higher! And those stacking and holding lots of PM will be richer than Midas or Croesis!!!

Except you still won't be able to buy bread

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1909 was only made for 1 year too.

• Options

@Catbert said:

It is against the law to call people with whom you have no business relationship.

Not buying a coin from them because they are or claim to be "sold out" does not constitute a "business relationship". Surely no American company would openly flout US law or just send their business to India!

They're going to get tens of thousands of calls but they aren't going to send out nearly as many "gold guides".

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    the 1908 No Motto coin WAS only minted in 1908.

Good catch,

My first thought was 'didnt they make a NM in 1907 ??'

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

They are $2400 in Good condition. If it’s too good to be true…..🤔😂

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

If the gold market were to find its real price, we would be much higher than we are now.
    Those manipulating prices eventually get burned.

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

@knovak1976 said:
    They are $2400 in Good condition. If it’s too good to be true…..🤔😂

Not exactly, premiums are low right now and 1908 is the least desirable date, just 2 days ago I bought a common date in ms63 for $2000.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Not exactly, premiums are low right now and 1908 is the least desirable date, just 2 days ago I

My figure is based on the PCGS valuation….😉

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet another ad trying to "predict" a surge in gold...

• Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

Weren’t the 1907’s also no motto?

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options

@BustDMs said:

@braddick said:

Weren’t the 1907’s also no motto?

But not issued in 1908

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enquiring minds want to know why someone so confident that the price is about to surge is on the seller side of this....

• Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t care about making money, I just love to sell coins……..

@124Spider said:
    Enquiring minds want to know why someone so confident that the price is about to surge is on the seller side of this....

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    If the gold market were to find its real price, we would be much higher than we are now.

Nobody is manipulating gold or any other prices. The markets are too large.

• Options

@124Spider said:

It's very simple. It's called "turnover". No business, except ctferrorcoins, wants to sit on inventory for a couple years for it to go up. If I have an annual turnover of 10 and a 10% margin, I do 300% in 14 months. Same yield and lower risk.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

300% ? Probably at the U.S. Mint. :joy:

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoldFinger1969 said:

@coiner said:

Nobody is manipulating gold or any other prices. The markets are too large.

Manipulating, price fixing .... Hyping .... Those buying the hype are the ones getting burned. See previous post.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Manipulating, price fixing .... Hyping .... Those buying the hype are the ones getting burned. See previous post.

This ad is deceptive and fraudulent and would probably run afoul of SEC regs if it referenced a stock....but for an asset class in general, it's not illegal. Slimy but not illegal.

My point is that the folks who put out this ad are a bit like some gold bugs who talk about coming hyperinflation, gold or BitCoin soaring, or banking or Fed money printing conspiracies. I see their websites all the time.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoldFinger1969 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

This ad is deceptive and fraudulent and would probably run afoul of SEC regs if it referenced a stock....but for an asset class in general, it's not illegal. Slimy but not illegal.

My point is that the folks who put out this ad are a bit like some gold bugs who talk about coming hyperinflation, gold or BitCoin soaring, or banking or Fed money printing conspiracies. I see their websites all the time.

Didn't you literally just do that here?... https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1098029/4-000-for-an-ms-65-common-saint#latest

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@BustDMs said:
    I don’t care about making money, I just love to sell coins……..

@124Spider said:

@ChrisH821 said:

@GoldFinger1969 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Didn't you literally just do that here?... https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1098029/4-000-for-an-ms-65-common-saint#latest

It's okay when I do it. LOL.

To be fair, he's only calling for a 100% increase in MS65 prices based on a 50% increase in gold prices.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold would actually go up over 300 percent in a hyperinflation type setting, which is a reality after what happened the past few years, just be glad your not young

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many (of the 100) double eagles actually sold at their price listed? Who would know if they told everyone that the allotment has already sold out to get them on a client list?

• Options

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of "Someday I'll be right," is the Rosen Report still a thing?

• Options

@GoldFinger1969 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

One shouldn't buy gold for a profit. If you're lucky you'll never make a profit. Gold is the only insurance against gambling leaders and a FED that gets rich printing money and increasing borrowing. Bankers have always run the economy and they have always found a way to bankrupt the people through debasement and inflation in the long run.

Don't worry about the bankers, no matter what happens they'll profit.

While everything including all prices are micromanaged by the government now days there are still fundamental forces pushing prices in one direction or another. Sometimes thing have to readjust. Gold should readjust to the $2700 level before the government stops it.

Silver, on the other hand, is in structural deficit at a time that demand is increasing geometrically.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

My gold already surged 300%+. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mixed feelings. I would rather have gold going up than down since I own some but a dramatic rise means a dramatic fall somewhere else in the economy that probably is not very good for most of the population.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2023 9:12AM

@pmh1nic said:
    Mixed feelings. I would rather have gold going up than down since I own some but a dramatic rise means a dramatic fall somewhere else in the economy that probably is not very good for most of the population.

I do believe gold can rise to $3,000 by 2030 without it accompanying bad economic times.

It's only 7% a year....it's not the 1970's when it went up 20-fold in 8 years (40% a year for 8 years, conservatively).