Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

P0CKETCHANGE 2000th Post Celebration & Giveaway 🥳 ***WINNER SELECTED***

2»

Comments

• Options
    EliteCollectionEliteCollection Posts: 149 ✭✭✭✭

1876-CC is my favorite. Here's another one.

@Coinscratch said:
    Congrats on all fronts. Pretty sure that slab would float.
    Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EliteCollection said:
    1876-CC is my favorite. Here's another one.

@Coinscratch said:
    Congrats on all fronts. Pretty sure that slab would float.
    Thanks for the chance!

Add two zeros to the mintage for the humble lil 65 😬 very nice very nice.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2023 6:14AM

Does anyone else remember the arcades in the malls during the 1990s called “Pocket Change” ?

They had a logo with a Washington quarter dated 2000.

We always called it pocket change 2000 as kids.

I don’t have a photo (would have to try and Resurrect an old Nokia to get an image) but the thread reminded me of those good old days.

Alas, About 5 years ago the mall closed and the arcade shut down… it had been Dying a slow death way before that.

I’ll see if I have a 20c in my 7070 Album and if so will post.

Congrats @PocketChange on the milestone and thanks for the awesome giveaway, I’m right behind you!!!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your milestone and thank you for the opportunity! Awesome example and not one I can afford!😎

• Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 193 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for allowing me to enter, This one is mine.

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not own a 20c, but it's one on my list. This image is from our host. Thanks for the chance - this is a very generous contest!

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

Very generous contest. Congrats on your milestone!

Nice example that is not mine.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Russell12 said:
    Thanks for allowing me to enter, This one is mine.

While I like 2c pieces too, we’re looking for 20c pieces :)

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Own two of them, but both are 1875-S, raw and are in type albums. Here's a nice AU-58+ 1876 I found on CoinFacts. Thanks for the chance!

• Options

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    Own two of them, but both are 1875-S, raw and are in type albums. Here's a nice AU-58+ 1876 I found on CoinFacts. Thanks for the chance!

Wow, that’s a nice AU!

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's wishing you another 2,000 more.
    My entry:

peacockcoins

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2023 1:22AM

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine, but not for long; it’s a gift:

Thank you for the opportunity.

• Options

Drawing will happen tomorrow. Last chance to enter if you haven’t already!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

2K, an accomplishment worthy of celebration. Thanks for the chance. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on 2000! This is one I found on the internet. Do not have my own thoughts it would be nice to win one around this time since my birthday is tomorrow on the 25th. Thanks for the opportunity 👍.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

Congratulations on your 2K post milestone. Thank you for the chance (and the photo) a really neat series.

<br

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:
    Does anyone else remember the arcades in the malls during the 1990s called “Pocket Change” ?

They had a logo with a Washington quarter dated 2000.

We always called it pocket change 2000 as kids.

I don’t have a photo (would have to try and Resurrect an old Nokia to get an image) but the thread reminded me of those good old days.

Alas, About 5 years ago the mall closed and the arcade shut down… it had been Dying a slow death way before that.

I’ll see if I have a 20c in my 7070 Album and if so will post.

Congrats @PocketChange on the milestone and thanks for the awesome giveaway, I’m right behind you!!!

Nestled in the dansco, she’s has ever so slight color left… pardon the over exposure but thank you for the chance

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Entries are now closed. Drawing happening shortly.

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @jesbroken!🥳

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. A toast to both of you.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2023 9:26AM

@jesbroken I hope you play the lottery with your consistent luck on winning drawings! Congratulations!

And big thanks to @P0CKETCHANGE for his generosity.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @jesbroken !

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loved the video! Congratulations to #28. Very generous and very well done @PocketChange .

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go jesbroken. Would of been ironic if the #20 had come up on the wheel.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to
    Jesbroken!
    Thanks 4 da chance
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shhhhhh. . .
    If he doesn't respond YOUR number will be drawn next!

:blush:

peacockcoins

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a great weekend for sure. It is far better now. Thank you so much for your kind gift. Address sent.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to @jesbroken and thank you @PocketChange for the great opportunity.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketChange
    Thank you so much for this most beautiful and generous gift. I absolutely love it. Pics taken in truck so lighting not so great.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrat's @jesbroken! I am glad you won. It's a very cool coin and you are a very cool dude.

@PocketChange - Thanks for making such a fun, generous contest! <3

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity

• Options

This is my first time dealing with @jesbroken privately and I must say Jim is an absolute gentleman and stand up guy! I couldn’t be happier that the coin went to him.

• Options
    MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭

This is from my son's collection, he has a complete set (24th ranked set, 11th ranked Everyman's), I have zero.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file