Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fedex Coin Theft Article

privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wowser, and yet he is out on bail already.....

https://6abc.com/fedex-theft-jordan-hamilton-gold-coins/14052264/

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Comments

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once he has been fully rehabilitated they'll be celebrating his recovery with an online celebration.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know there are gold coins in a box ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    How do you know there are gold coins in a box ?

If you know who it was shipped from or to you might have a good idea.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UpGrayedd said:
    FedEx is the worst with stolen and lost packages. Some of them literally fall off the back of a truck...

Not to minimize this particular pond scum, but I have never had any issues with any FedEx shipment of mine.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

FedEx is now PCGS preferred shipper for coin submissions.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UpGrayedd said:

FedEx is the worst with stolen and lost packages. Some of them literally fall off the back of a truck...

My brother loaded semi’s many years ago. You would be surprised how many things that fell off a truck was exactly something he wanted.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    FedEx is now PCGS preferred shipper for coin submissions.

I use FedEx for GC wins ..no hassles so far

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jordan needed a stolen gun to protect the stolen gold. 2 negatives make a positive. The new math.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last FedEx ground from NGC was agonizing, waited around for hours and then driver said no access to location, happened two times, the only reason I got it was I got through to a supervisor and kept up trying to connect. Never again; usps is far better.

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

Not FedEX this time, but news showed an Amazon delivery truck in Atlanta. Driver got out to deliver a package, pack of what appeared to be 10 or 15 teens fell on to the truck, jumped in and jumped out with arm loads of packages. Driver just stood by and watched. How long before that happens to a FedEx truck taking packages to the TPGS? If 20 people rush the truck they can have it empty in about 2 minutes. No driver is going to risk their lives trying to protect packages.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Klif50 said:
    Not FedEX this time, but news showed an Amazon delivery truck in Atlanta. Driver got out to deliver a package, pack of what appeared to be 10 or 15 teens fell on to the truck, jumped in and jumped out with arm loads of packages. Driver just stood by and watched. How long before that happens to a FedEx truck taking packages to the TPGS? If 20 people rush the truck they can have it empty in about 2 minutes. No driver is going to risk their lives trying to protect packages.

And what keeps that from happening to a USPS vehicle? It’s unfair to use that as an example to pick on FedEx.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:

@Klif50 said:

And what keeps that from happening to a USPS vehicle? It’s unfair to use that as an example to pick on FedEx.

Steve

Robbing a USPS truck is a Federal crime and they would be prosecuted by a Federal prosecutor rather than a local elected prosecutor.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@winesteven said:

@Klif50 said:

Steve

Robbing a USPS truck is a Federal crime and they would be prosecuted by a Federal prosecutor rather than a local elected prosecutor.

Unfortunately I don’t think that is the deterrent it used to be. My local po has a couple dozen boxes inside the po that were pried open about a month ago still waiting to be repaired. Every time I have to go pickup a package there is a line now at the pickup window with people waiting to pickup mail from the boxes in their neighborhoods that were broken into. The person in the window told me maintenance is at about 3 months for repairs because they are so busy with broken into boxes.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@winesteven said:

@Klif50 said:

Steve

Does a teenage gang necessarily care? They might. But I generally feel that you don't commit the crime worrying about what happens when you're caught.

• Options
    edited November 23, 2023 8:11AM

@PerryHall said:

@winesteven said:

@Klif50 said:

Steve

I'm not a crook, but I would think crooks doing these types of crimes do not make that differentiation. My point about using that example for FedEx (which did NOT happen) is unfair, as it CAN happen to a USPS vehicle as well as FedEx and UPS, not just to Amazon.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if they have this problem in countries with Sharia law. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    edited November 23, 2023 9:07AM

@PerryHall said:

I agree with the implication. My guess is that's not a problem there, or in other places where the "punishment" is clear.

Steve

• Options

@winesteven said:

@PerryHall said:

@winesteven said:

@Klif50 said:

Steve

I'm not a crook, but I would think crooks doing these types of crimes do not make that differentiation. My point about using that example for FedEx (which did NOT happen) is unfair, as it CAN happen to a USPS vehicle as well as FedEx and UPS, not just to Amazon.

Steve

You could likely be assured that it has happened with all of them. Most probably don't make the news.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Would give new meaning to a one armed bandit!

• Options

@Barberian said:

@coinbuf said:

@UpGrayedd said:

Not to minimize this particular pond scum, but I have never had any issues with any FedEx shipment of mine.

I have. They leave packages that require a signature on your porch, even when you're at home. They left a large PCGS submission return package on my porch and apparently snuck away. Maybe it was our ferocious 3-legged chihuahua that scared them off, I don't know.

That sounds like an employee problem, not Fed-x policy and HE/ SHE should be reported! My Fed-X person requires ID or no package!

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's an employee problem. And because of this employee and his careless handling of a valuable package, I will not use FEDEX.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

Banning the use of the service is not the answer, turn them in!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes they melt the gold coins down before anybody even knows they're stolen!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

No, but they have a severe brutality problem. And, I suspect, harsh discrimination against all amputees.

--

Ed. S.

(EJS)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file