Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carr 1964-D Question

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

What are these selling for today?

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2023 12:31PM

Peace dollar? Which die pair? I’ve seen a low in the $200s up to the $300s (more if it’s a rarer die pair).

Or Morgan? Those also depend on the die pair. Some are as low as 150 while others bring more.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry.
    Peace Dollar.
    Die Pair 5 High Luster Finish

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

@19Lyds said:
    Sorry.
    Peace Dollar.
    Die Pair 5 High Luster Finish

I only see one recent sale:

I could see a 200-300 price range depending on how many people are bidding.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2023 6:32PM

Most likely, you're looking at the deep-reeding single-struck high-luster version (mintage 589).

But there were two high-luster versions with super-low mintage (just 5/each). Probably pricey, if you find one.

More info (scroll down): http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_1.htm

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Guys (or girls). I've had this coin since he first offered it.
    It was unique at that time but he's put out so much more since then. I think I paid the $125 original asking price.

The name is LEE!
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@19Lyds said:
    Thanks Guys (or girls). I've had this coin since he first offered it.
    It was unique at that time but he's put out so much more since then. I think I paid the $125 original asking price.

The first run of 1964-D’s,the subdued finish variety from Die 5, were sold for $110. The next variety from Die 5, the high grade, high luster, were sold for $125.

• alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Die Pair 8 has quite low mintages and should command high premiums. Die Pairs 5 and 6 are relatively common.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked eBay and there is only one currently listed (Die Pair 8, asking $475, not my listing).
    I don't remember any other time when there was only one listed.

It does seem that the selling prices for all types of "Carr 1964-D Peace" did drop some when I came out with the Die Pair 8 & 9.

But now that I haven't offered any for a couple years, the prices seem to have come back up some. I do not have plans to make any more "1964-D" Peace.

• sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I picked up the Morgans and the later '64 Peace.
    I also have the 1970 Peace which I thought
    was very cool ! I put them in Mint issued
    capsules for commem coins, which are of
    the same size. I'd like to see a 1878-1978
    dual date Morgan (CC mm?).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file