Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA completely messed up my order.

I waited 90 days for a dual grade value submission. Saw that my grades were ready for reveal, and was super excited to see what they came out to be. After checking, it turns out that they only graded the auto and only authenticated the cards. I checked the submission form and I did correctly specify dual grade auto. Great....

It hasn't shipped out yet but the label was created, so I called the PSA customer service first thing in the morning. They weren't able to retrieve it for shipping but said they hopefully can get it back from the Fedex return. Nope, the package passed Irvine and is now in Memphis, so now I'm awaiting a package after 3 months with 0 grades on them but the auto. So ridiculous. Spent 500+ dollars on this order, and will probably have to ship it back to them. So done with this.

Comments

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@13justiny said:
    I waited 90 days for a dual grade value submission. Saw that my grades were ready for reveal, and was super excited to see what they came out to be. After checking, it turns out that they only graded the auto and only authenticated the cards. I checked the submission form and I did correctly specify dual grade auto. Great....

It hasn't shipped out yet but the label was created, so I called the PSA customer service first thing in the morning. They weren't able to retrieve it for shipping but said they hopefully can get it back from the Fedex return. Nope, the package passed Irvine and is now in Memphis, so now I'm awaiting a package after 3 months with 0 grades on them but the auto. So ridiculous. Spent 500+ dollars on this order, and will probably have to ship it back to them. So done with this.

Sadly since 2021 this type of ineptitude is common. Organizational Bi-Product of not giving a you know what

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

$$$ cause many issues for many people. see congress.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it helps I’ve had some similar issues with them and the process to fix goes smoothly enough. They’ll pay postage and help you get it sorted.

It’s a pain to still deal with it but they’ll do it.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:
    If it helps I’ve had some similar issues with them and the process to fix goes smoothly enough. They’ll pay postage and help you get it sorted.

It’s a pain to still deal with it but they’ll do it.

Yup. PSA is not perfect but they fix their mistakes eventually. Unlike a grading company in Texas that is a shell of their glory days. I can’t even get response from customer service for a holder that came cracked from them

Mike
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭

AI at its finest. Let them keep taking your money.

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@13justiny said:

Next time you make a mistake be sure to come back here and tell everyone all about it, in detail.

• Options
    13justiny13justiny Posts: 4
    edited October 29, 2023 10:33AM

@Applejacks said:

@13justiny said:

Next time you make a mistake be sure to come back here and tell everyone all about it, in detail.

LMAO I’m sorry I hurt you? When you wait 90 days for a 60 day service already and the order then gets screwed up, of course I’ll mention it. Now have to risk sending back 5k worth of cards through the mail. So many ways to fix this. Maybe allow a 2 day leeway between releasing grades and then shipping it so the customer has a chance to prevent errors like these. So many solutions.

Anyways, you must be fun at parties.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@13justiny said:

@Applejacks said:

@13justiny said:

LMAO I’m sorry I hurt you? When you wait 90 days for a 60 day service already and the order then gets screwed up, of course I’ll mention it. Now have to risk sending back 5k worth of cards through the mail. So many ways to fix this. Maybe allow a 2 day leeway between releasing grades and then shipping it so the customer has a chance to prevent errors like these. So many solutions.

You did nothing wrong here. PSA is horrible to deal with when they make a mistake, yet they charge you every time.

There are a LOT of trolls around here. Some just want to disagree with everything posted.

Not sure if I welcomed you yo the boards, if not, welcome!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@13justiny said:

@Applejacks said:

@13justiny said:

Please don’t feel you can hurt anyone. You can’t.

Been there many times with PSA and not on small 5k orders either.

Waited twice as long as you on some orders. Just don’t feel the need to broadcast PSA’s mistakes on their own board.

What does that accomplish?
    Real men contact customer service and the problems are taken care of.

Perhaps you broadcast everyone’s mistakes. You must have very few friends.

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 4:41AM

@JoeBanzai said:

@13justiny said:

@Applejacks said:

@13justiny said:

You did nothing wrong here. PSA is horrible to deal with when they make a mistake, yet they charge you every time.

He did everything wrong here.
    PSA customer service has been fantastic with all my issues.
    Yes it’s a lot of money, but don’t buy a Ferrari unless you have the money to fix it.

Be careful of the anti-PSA crowd here, who bash PSA non stop and then wonder why card prices keep crashing and hobby sentiment has turned sour.

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

You’re lucky then. Customer service doesn’t do much service, not their fault I believe, they are not equipped to deal with any issues. They are more like “phone responders” than customer service people

• Options
    Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Corn Pops

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2023 10:30AM

To the OP, for the sake of checks and balances..... which option from this list did you choose? (according to your order form, not your "memory")

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    To the OP, for the sake of checks and balances..... which option from this list did you choose? (according to your order form, not your "memory")

Hey! Great question, I confirmed on the submission form that it is dual service, auto and grade. That's the first thing I did haha. When I saw the auth grade, I thought I was the one that screwed up, but quickly checked the submission forms linked to confirm.

• Options

@Applejacks said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@13justiny said:

@Applejacks said:

@13justiny said:

He did everything wrong here.
    PSA customer service has been fantastic with all my issues.
    Yes it’s a lot of money, but don’t buy a Ferrari unless you have the money to fix it.

Be careful of the anti-PSA crowd here, who bash PSA non stop and then wonder why card prices keep crashing and hobby sentiment has turned sour.

LOL, it's not about the money spent its about the time wasted. Calling customer service with there 3 hour long queue, and now having to get my package back, put in another request quality assurance form, shipping it back, and then waiting for the process to cycle through grading again. No, I could care less if it was 100 bucks worth of cards to 100k (I've also had orders above 30k USD). It's not about the money.

The whole process is flawed that it doesn't give us a chance to inspect the grades AND contact them before them shipping it out.

• Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 411 ✭✭✭

You should post pictures of some of the stuff you think they messed up on.