Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How long from assembly to grades available?

This is for pack grading. It’s been a few days since assembly was completed. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lbcoach20 said:
    This is for pack grading. It’s been a few days since assembly was completed. Thanks!

Could be minutes. Could be weeks.

How’s that for specific?

Based on current, actual, in process subs.

Good luck!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

I want to know how long now from Grades available to shipped...... Used to be same or next day, now seems to take about a week for it to get a tracking #!

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    I want to know how long now from Grades available to shipped...... Used to be same or next day, now seems to take about a week for it to get a tracking #!

The order on the pizza tracker has changed; the grades are indicated earlier in the process now.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Sheesh…..I should have known. Thanks, all.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

Does PSA not supply a tracking number anymore?? According to their "pizza tracker", my cards are completed and on the way back, although I don't have a tracking number, nor does it show up under USPS Informed Delivery.

• Options

@bobbyw8469 said:
    Does PSA not supply a tracking number anymore?? According to their "pizza tracker", my cards are completed and on the way back, although I don't have a tracking number, nor does it show up under USPS Informed Delivery.

It will tomorrow- pretty sure.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now! Check now!

• Options

@bobbyw8469 said:

Been a while since i got a sub back via USPS, always FedEx sig required for the past 6 months..... If I don't get a tracking number email, it usually means it has not shipped.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several weeks on average.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

I am guessing that every stage has slowed down dramatically, and this is there way of appeasing customers. I have noticed that the grades have moved up on the chain. I also notice that in the past, they have charged my card when they shipped. That has moved up as well.

• Options

@bobbyw8469 said:

@grote15 said:

I am guessing that every stage has slowed down dramatically, and this is there way of appeasing customers. I have noticed that the grades have moved up on the chain. I also notice that in the past, they have charged my card when they shipped. That has moved up as well.

They switched the pizza tracker stuff last week and it came with some minor glitches and delays.

The impetus for the switch has to do with Goldin Auctions/Vault/Marketplace. Basically, it’s set up so you can see the grades and then decide whether to consign, vault or ship home - with time left in the process to decide.

I think intuitively, you bill once you’ve graded the items so people can’t attempt to back out if or when they’re unhappy with the result.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

The process is also different for packs which is what the OP was inquiring about vs cards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    The process is also different for packs which is what the OP was inquiring about vs cards.

Sorry...I didn't mean to derail. I'm sure all aspects that us old timers are used to have been changed.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

@grote15 said:

They switched the pizza tracker stuff last week and it came with some minor glitches and delays.

The impetus for the switch has to do with Goldin Auctions/Vault/Marketplace. Basically, it’s set up so you can see the grades and then decide whether to consign, vault or ship home - with time left in the process to decide.

I think intuitively, you bill once you’ve graded the items so people can’t attempt to back out if or when they’re unhappy with the result.

Good to know. PSA has been promoting the 'direct to Goldin' a lot more and this makes sense. I don't consign with them, but I like they're offering this service. Very smart on their part.

• Options

@BBBrkrr said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

@grote15 said:

Good to know. PSA has been promoting the 'direct to Goldin' a lot more and this makes sense. I don't consign with them, but I like they're offering this service. Very smart on their part.

Just trying to pass along good info to my fellow collectors; knowledge is power.

• Options

Tracking order received today. So typically about a week after your credit card is hit up.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:

It took 9 business days before I received the email with tracking number. My grades were available to see on 9-11 and cards finally shipped with tracking on 5-21.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2023 9:19AM

New Data Point.. Just had a sub pop and less than 3 hours later had FedEx tracking, as opposed to waiting one week.... The difference? It is shipping from New Jersey!

My pizza tracker (beta) went from assembly to complete, never got a grades ready where I could decide what I wanted shipped or held. On the old tracker it was in QA1 and QA2 while the beta was still in assembly....

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    New Data Point.. Just had a sub pop and less than 3 hours later had FedEx tracking, as opposed to waiting one week.... The difference? It is shipping from New Jersey!

My pizza tracker (beta) went from assembly to complete, never got a grades ready where I could decide what I wanted shipped or held. On the old tracker it was in QA1 and QA2 while the beta was still in assembly....

Did you get an email?

Using the old tracker, my cards sub has been out of Assembly 4 weeks ago, and is currently still in QA2.
    Using the new tracker, it's still showing in Assembly for past 4 weeks.

On the mobile app, it says 1 or more items are in review, along with a 'contact us' link.
    (Not sure if that is normally there or not. Never really paid any attention to it.)
    On the website there is no mention of this.

Very confusing showing the different stages depending on what device/platform you use.

• Options

I have 1 in Assembly since 8/24

• Options

@RonSportscards said:

Did you get an email?

I noticed the tracking first on the sub page, but then did get an email shortly after which was basically 3 hours from when I got the grades are ready email.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

Seems my order has disappeared from the new webpage.
    I've been trying for the last several days and I get the same result.
    Not sure what to make of that.

• Options

I’m now on two weeks of assembly finished but no grades ready; having asked around, I don’t think you’ll find any consistent link between the two.

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 333 ✭✭✭

I’ve been in almost 6 weeks on 1

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2023 3:45PM

@Harnessracing said:
    I have 1 in Assembly since 8/24

I'm pretty sure Telsa is quicker. Sent a couple out to SGC last Friday. Good grief!

Mark

• Options

You’re right, it’s 8 weeks. I sorta stopped counting

• Options
    edited October 19, 2023 3:47PM

I have 1 in research since 9/11 and it’s ONLY 1 CARD submission

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 332 ✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:

Never forget.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:

I've had 27 in research since March 13. Hoping they make it to grading stage some day.

• Options

March?? What did you submit?

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

I have 4 subs sitting at QA Checks for 2 weeks. Glad to see others experiencing similar waits. I'm gonna take a stab and say vacations affecting the entire operations.
    I know at my own work everybody and their brothers on vaca lately :(

• Options
    edited October 20, 2023 10:40AM

@Harnessracing said:

27 cards with service for grade + auto, from 1990's through current. I've called and talked to PSA representative(s) but the order is still going super slowly. Nothing in the order that is out of the relative ordinary.

Shipped in Feb., "Arrived" on March 6. Limbo ever since.

• Options

That is just unacceptable. At 75 days for dual, July was the due date. I would be pitching a fit

• Options

@miwlvrn said:

@Harnessracing said:

27 cards with service for grade + auto, from 1990's through current. I've called and talked to PSA representative(s) but the order is still going super slowly. Nothing in the order that is out of the relative ordinary.

The rep said they would "nudge" the order along. The order spent a couple weeks still hanging out in Research after the phone call, but then the order went fast-track from research all the way through the steps to complete and shipping out to me over the past couple days. Nice to see things can move along at a speedy clip when necessary, even if it took 7 months of waiting around for someone to dust the order off.

• Options

It was most likely misplaced then it took two weeks to find it.

• Options
    jraytayjraytay Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@miwlvrn said:

@Harnessracing said:

The rep said they would "nudge" the order along. The order spent a couple weeks still hanging out in Research after the phone call, but then the order went fast-track from research all the way through the steps to complete and shipping out to me over the past couple days. Nice to see things can move along at a speedy clip when necessary, even if it took 7 months of waiting around for someone to dust the order off.

I don't believe the rep had any ability to move the order along. It was just a coincidence. Why? In Feb 2021 I sent a card to be re-holdered. A few calls to CS reps stated there was just a big backlog. I said BS and filed a complaint with the CA BBB. A few days later I get a call from the new "Assistant Vice President of Customer Experience". I asked him if he could nudge (actually push) my order through quicker. He said No...he had no control over the process but offered to have my card returned asap at no charge. After waiting for 8 months I told him since PSA had the card for so long to just let it stay in the Q. Got my card back in Mov 2021.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got back my grades from the 1980's special. I will no longer be grading with PSA.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

I’m done sending anymore as well.
    I’ve sent 8 orders to SGC last week.