Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What have you sold lately? Are you trying to buy other coins with the proceeds of the sale?

Hi,
I sold the following two very scarce Liberty Seated Dimes today.
The 1860-O is VF-20 in OGH PCGS.
The 1885-s is F-15 CAC PCGS

I am trying to buy rare $5.00 Liberty Gold.

Comments

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put in what I thought was a low bid on the following coin and as luck would have it (I already own a nice example of an 1872) I won the auction.

I did end up selling my PCGS coin at the 2023 CSNS.

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2023 7:21PM

I’ve sold my sanity. ;)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

Sold 7 slabs this weekend and 2 raw. No interest in replacing. Just thinning the herd.

Pocket Change Inspector

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Sold copious Peace Dollars last spring to buy
    bonds.

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got these two for sale in the BST at a very fair price with no takers yet. Looking to fund my next DMPL. They are 100% genuine and described accurately.

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

I most recently sold an 1836 quarter eagle and an 1886s half eagle to help finance getting an 1877 and 1879 gold dollar. Outside of my raw albums almost everything I’ve had has been sold for my gold dollar collection. We have an expensive hobby…

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2023 6:14AM

Better date coins are in demand. I have not been buying any coins for last couple of months due to market conditions. I do see a lot of material that in my view is over priced. Currency has been doing well.

On shows attended it appears the people coming in the bourse room have less to spend. Convo with other dealers - most offering 10-20 pct behind CDN Bid. One guy sets up near me lots of slabs (and buying cash) to keep it simple just takes his CDN CPG Retail magazine and offers 67 pct of that. Which then equates to his 50 pct average markup over cost in terms of target retail (CPG).

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    lobo54lobo54 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Traded my entire 19th & 20th century type set :'( for U.S. gold, $121.50 face value gold. :)

I would rather join with an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by sheep.

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold an Omega watch that I purchased in 2003 and hadn't worn for about 8 years (since the Apple Watch came out). Ended up getting a few dollars more than I paid for it in 2003.

I ended up buying:
    1) An Apple Watch Ultra
    2) A $5 gold coin

3) and had enough to put 50% down on a $2.5 Gold Coin.

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2023 2:39PM

I also sold a few large sized US notes.

Ended up getting a $2.5 Gold Indian,

And some silver bullion.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2023 5:54PM

Sold some Classic PCGS Commems picked up from a recent estate deal to a regular investor customer. The proceeds to the bank go towards the next estate deal or what may walk up to my table on the bourse at next show. Some of it in to my general acct to pay for my food expenses this month / upcoming currency submission. My buying mainly opportunistic based on the deals that come up (quick flip or strong retail potential) as I already have slightly more than plan quantity slabs in inventory. Now if some Texas large size NBN come up and price is right….

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BeeMan said:
    I sold the coins from the 7070 I was working on and everything else of value and bought a Challenger. All I have left is stuff nobody wants. (moderns, mint sets, modern commemoratives) Saved my wife and son from having to deal with them down the road. Plus, we all enjoy the car.

We would have been more impressed if you sold the Challenger for a complete mint state type set! :D;)

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BeeMan said:
    I sold the coins from the 7070 I was working on and everything else of value and bought a Challenger. All I have left is stuff nobody wants. (moderns, mint sets, modern commemoratives) Saved my wife and son from having to deal with them down the road. Plus, we all enjoy the car.

I had a 2020 burgundy charger scat pack and I really miss it 😢

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been selling a large 'sock drawer hoard' accumulation for a friend of mine whose dad died recently. She's dumping the proceeds into the larger pot from the sale of her dad's house, upholstery shop, etc. in hopes of buying a getaway place in the Champlain Islands. My stake in this is some weekends at the eventual getaway place in the Champlain Islands, LOL ...

Haven't sold or bought any coins of my own since spring.

mirabela
  • Options
    BadaBlingBadaBling Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

This is an interesting coin…. When I originally purchased it as part of a larger collection, it was housed in a partially damaged PC-OGH AU53 holder. I submitted it to NGC and it came back in the 58 holder as pictured.

I recently traded it(in late Aug.) to a fellow dealer for some much needed Seated Dimes. I was informed yesterday that it had just returned from CAC with a green-bean! So now he wants to re-sub it back to CACG for a Legacy cross… 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file