Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grade Posted - A Couple of NEWPS and a GTG

Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 9, 2023 5:13AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Attended the monthly Melbourne show today, with minimal expectations.
Didn’t find anything I “needed”, but a couple of things I liked and decided to acquire.

First up is a raw 20 cent piece. I liked the bold LIBERTY and other detail, and the nice original color. This is not the GTG coin, but of course you can opine:

Here is the GTG coin. I knew I was in trouble when the dealer declared “I’m not going to be pricing this at Bid” when he was taking it out of the case…..

Here’s another view where I shot the image upside down, so the lighting could better highlight the little marks on the lower left quadrant. And the slab image.
Yes, the old holder suckered me in, along with the blazing luster.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

64FH, I got the initial impression of 65FH but the dealers comment leads me to believe the coin is either conservatively graded, or not designated as a FH. It looks like a hammered strike though.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice shield, nice rivets looks FH from the photos. I will say 64+FH CAC.

• Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭✭

Looks EF45 on the 20c and MS65 on the Standing Liberty.

Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

66FH on the SLQ

Mr_Spud

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS66 but no FH on the holder, but looks like it is!
    Hammered strike for sure
    Nice

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice 20c! I need to pick up a raw, circulated example at the next show.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

65+ FH

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

66FH

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guessing 64 on the holder but it looks much nicer than that!

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like an older style of holders so I'm going with 64FH, looks great!

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

65fh

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Grade posted in first post

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2023 1:29PM

Love the SLQ!

It looks very close to full head!!

Blazing luster and nice OGH!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    1946Hamm1946Hamm Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice quarter full head to most and a high end 64.

Have a good day, Gary
  • Options

66FH

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice coins- I like the 20 cent coin for a Dansco 7070 or Whitman Blue bookshelf- seems 50 is my floor with a claim to 53

The SLQ is nice- tough to grade- tougher to price

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous 20center. Wonder what stopped the FH designation? Worth a retry? Both are worthy speciman's.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file