Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Eye Appealing Coins sale of the PRISM COLLECTION - Colorful mostly early half dollars available.

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 6, 2023 6:51AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

The creator of this collection did an amazing job.

There are also some Liberty Seated coins and Trade $1's available

I know Ray and Phil will do a splendid job of handling this collection of color.

This should catch the eye of @drddm. 😉

A few screen shots.

My favorite Reeded Edge Halves.

EAC Prism Collection Link

Comments

• Options

WOW beautiful coins!

Letting one of my best commemorative halves go also check it out!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126113180877

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2023 11:30AM

I've seen those coins in hand at the Long Beach show. So many of them are stunning! You can check out the videos I took of quite a few of the coins. Click on my Instagram link in my sig line and scroll down a little to the Prism Collection cover and you will see starting there. I took between 20 and 30 videos within the 3 posts I have out there. Check them out if you have time.

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I viewed them at ANA. Awesome stuff. No telling what the fixed prices will be.

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pnies20 said:
    I viewed them at ANA. Awesome stuff. No telling what the fixed prices will be.

That is certainly one question. The other is in the selling 'rules' where if they get multiple offers to pay the fixed price, then will go back and ask for any higher offers. Sort of like a silent auction (I think that is the correct term).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we wait 2 months to see what the prices are. Interesting approach. Then wait another month to see if you get the chance to buy.

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:
    Now we wait 2 months to see what the prices are. Interesting approach. Then wait another month to see if you get the chance to buy.

I would love to own one, especially a red book coin I need but I’m not getting into a bidding war over them. Hopefully I end up landing one.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not just say 1a: It will immediately become an auction

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

@airplanenut said:
    Why not just say 1a: It will immediately become an auction

I was hoping it would be a time stamp type deal. Where if your email was sent first, you win.

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s nice for the bidders with quick trigger fingers, but not so great for the consignor or the other bidders that would have paid more.

• Options

@scubafuel said:
    That’s nice for the bidders with quick trigger fingers, but not so great for the consignor or the other bidders that would have paid more.

But that’s the point of a fixed price list. You buy it before someone else does.

• Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pnies20 said:

@scubafuel said:

But that’s the point of a fixed price list. You buy it before someone else does.

In this case, think of the "fixed price" as the starting bid...

This is a great method to maximize the value for the owner of the coins. Not so great for people trying to get a bargain on buying them.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins
    BUT
    Don't like the terms and conditions
    Big Pass for me

• Options

@Pnies20 said:

@scubafuel said:

Not really
    Read #5

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2023 7:15AM

@humanssuck said:

@Pnies20 said:

@scubafuel said:

This is a great method to maximize the value for the owner of the coins. Not so great for people trying to get a bargain on buying them.

Agree this will net consignor more money. Don’t think there will be any bargains at all even at starting “bid” which will be top retail plus plus. I do think a standard auction with high initial bids could potentially yield the consignor more money than this odd highest offer format. But who knows. All I know is that it’s confusing. I’m sure they will all sell very well so long as the fixed prices are moon money rather than Neptune money.

• Options

@Wahoo554 said:

@humanssuck said:

@Pnies20 said:

@scubafuel said:

Agree this will net consignor more money. Don’t think there will be any bargains at all even at starting “bid” which will be top retail plus plus. I do think a standard auction with high initial bids could potentially yield the consignor more money than this odd highest offer format. But who knows. All I know is that it’s confusing. I’m sure they will all sell very well so long as the fixed prices are moon money rather than Neptune money.

That’s wonderful for the consignor.

I think some folks (including me) are processing the fact that it was described to us in person as a “fixed price sale” with no other stipulations. First email gets it.

• Options

@alaura22 said:

@Pnies20 said:

@scubafuel said:

Not really
    Read #5

Yes I’m aware. That’s not how it was described until yesterday.

Not mad. They have the right to do whatever they want. Just sucks because it exponentially lowers my shot at getting anything.

• Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too confusing a process for the masses I think. I think this will drive many (including a few already noted above) away that would otherwise be interested, myself included.

It would be more attractive as an auction or a bin. Any other offers I've ever participated in was either a legitimate bin or auction. I've done deal or no deal type interactions as well. Either I'm bidding against other bidders fairly or I'm fast enough to buy it first. I don't want to make an offer at the listed price (suggested as a BIN price) then have to negotiate against someone else in secret... What's to show that there even is a someone else? Too easy to abuse and not even know it.

I hope you do well, but I also hope you take the feedback you've seen here to heart. Not only because of the above but what others have mentioned as well.

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good lord what will they think of next?????

Fixed Auction????

• Options

They’ve updated the terms. Very professional email. Good on them.

Seeing and hearing that our intentions have been misinterpreted by some gave us great pause, which resulted in an honest period of reconsideration. We have elected to return the sale of the Prism collection to the first come first serve format originally presented during the ANA. In hindsight, the change to a sealed bid type sale with the asking prices acting as reserves with the online catalog release understandably caught some off-guard and for this, we take full ownership.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2023 8:36AM

Just received this email from EAC.

Prism Collection Update

The presentation of the upcoming Prism Collection sale this past week has created a large amount of feedback which has been both positive and negative. We believe it has become necessary to address the concerns, clarify our reasoning for the change, and ultimately adapt to the response by amending the format of the sale to make it straightforward for all.

The sale was initially designed to be a fixed price event as that was the wish of the consignor and what we felt was the correct path forward, given the unique nature of the collection. It was after the ANA in Pittsburg that we had a conversation with a long-time industry leading dealer friend who over the years has handled the sales of countless collections, across all denominations, who raised a very important question regarding our planned execution of the sale. Potential equal access.

The truth of the matter is, the first come first serve nature of the sale could be slightly weighed upon by an individual’s ability to send an email in a timely manner. Internet connectivity and server speed can greatly affect the timing between hitting send and the email landing in an inbox. The change to the terms was in an effort to minimize this reality and ultimately have the coin go to the most enthusiastic individual and not necessarily default to the fastest. The added sealed bid component for the coins with multiple interested individuals at the asking price was our resolution to this perceived issue of access. The application of the highest sealed bid obtaining the coin for slightly over the underbidder fell in line with our goal of fairness to all parties involved as well as being a standard industry norm.

Seeing and hearing that our intentions have been misinterpreted by some gave us great pause, which resulted in an honest period of reconsideration. We have elected to return the sale of the Prism collection to the first come first serve format originally presented during the ANA. In hindsight, the change to a sealed bid type sale with the asking prices acting as reserves with the online catalog release understandably caught some off-guard and for this, we take full ownership.

Our reputation is and always will be the most important element of what we do and how we operate. We have built our business upon that fundamental and would in no way jeopardize that for any short or long-term gain. The relationships we have built and our goals for the future require much more.

We thank those that reached out with honest feedback as we are always open for such conversations and are willing to openly listen and adapt when necessary. We look forward to the sale at the FUN show as we fully expect it to be an active event.

Phil, Ray, and Tom Hinkelman

Terms and Conditions

1. The Prism Collection will be a fixed price sale.

2. Extended terms are available BUT must be agreed to in advance by EyeAppealing Coins.

3. The prices will be released December 1st, 2023 via email as well as listed on the Eye Appealing Coins website.

4. The sale will begin on Thursday January 4th at 6 PM EST. Purchase requests for coins at the listed prices will be accepted via email sent to phil@eyeappealingcoins.com and will be honored in order received.

5. Any coins not receiving purchase requests will be available for direct purchase at the Eye Appealing Coins bourse table starting 10 AM Friday January 5th, 2024.

6. Eye Appealing Coins reserves the right to make any revisions to terms and or pricing that are due to errors in printing or online publication.

7. Successful purchases will be shipped once funds received have cleared.

Please direct any questions to:

Phil Hinkelman
    Eye Appealing Coins

phil@eyeappealingcoins.com

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

RESPECT.........

• Options

Make it a hard close auction and be done with it
    Otherwise not interested
    JMO

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just took a look at these on the website, the coins are absolutely wonderful!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options

I just discovered that I used to own two of these coins - - the 1807 Small Stars half and the 1827/6 O-102 half!

• Options

@RichieURich said:
    I just discovered that I used to own two of these coins - - the 1807 Small Stars half and the 1827/6 O-102 half!

Well what the heck…. Why didn’t you say so. I could really use that small stars right now…. 😖😜

• Options

@Pnies20 said:

@RichieURich said:

Well what the heck…. Why didn’t you say so. I could really use that small stars right now…. 😖😜

Love that small stars - the reverse is my icon here!

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

received an email today with the prices, and a link to the whole photo gallery; amazing coins!
    https://eyeappealingcoins.com/featured-collection.html

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing coins but crazy prices. Will go to someone with really deep pockets…really deep!

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking coins. From my perspective it’s a very odd way to purchase a coin. I first have to them send an email and five weeks later I find out if I’ve been granted the privilege to spend my money with them. Very very odd but they can do whatever they want.

• Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichieURich said:

Me too! I had the 1815/2 years ago..
    Crossed it from N45 to P45...

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    Great looking coins. From my perspective it’s a very odd way to purchase a coin. I first have to them send an email and five weeks later I find out if I’ve been granted the privilege to spend my money with them. Very very odd but they can do whatever they want.

And so can those who aren't fans of folderol terms. :#

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Received my catalog and they look great, just one question where are the dimes?

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭

The coins appear to be very nice. I'd probably be interested in some of them but it's just not worth the effort to figure out how to buy them.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.