Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NGC's Star*

2»

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:
    u1 chicago thank you for the information i do appreciate it.. and as for you coin buff keep your sniping to yourself your as bad as the other bullies on this site.

You have to learn to just ignore them.

• Options
    steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

if i thought you had a(y i would worry you are just a little coward hiding behind a keyboard

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:
    if i thought you had a(y i would worry you are just a little coward hiding behind a keyboard

Oooh such a tough guy, will you threaten me now too. :D You know you want to.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2023 4:52PM

thanks jmlanzaf for the wisdom its just hard sometimes you know

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:
    thanks jmlanzaf for the wisdom its just hard sometimes you know

As I just posted in the other thread, threats will just get you banned and that would be a shame.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t have any NGC star coins but if procured one having pay more would just markup cost plus accordingly. I had one awhile back same drill it sold quickly (had super luster, great eye appeal).

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the NGC website.

"NGC assigns its trademarked Star Designation to coins with exceptional eye appeal for their assigned grade.

It's important to remember that coins with the Star Designation can fall anywhere within the grades to which they are assigned. For example, a coin graded NGC MS 64 could be at the lower end, mid-range or higher end of NGC MS 64."

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both PCGS and NGC utilize the + and it means that the coin is very high-end for the grade and is technically approaching the next grade up.

The NGC star is for eye appeal. Yes, I have been very impressed and satisfied with Coins that I both own and have viewed that carry the star designation.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:
    pcgs has + ngc has star same difference. once again im wrong and they line up to attack me for it. oh to be perfect like them

As has been explained, the + is different than the star. If I may offer some advice, when you resurrect a 20 year old thread, please let it be known in your initial post.

• Options

@Tom147 said:

@steve76020 said:
    pcgs has + ngc has star same difference. once again im wrong and they line up to attack me for it. oh to be perfect like them

As has been explained, the + is different than the star. If I may offer some advice, when you resurrect a 20 year old thread, please let it be known in your initial post.

im really done with this please dont mention me or contact me. thank you for your advise.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ughhhh, got me...I thought we had a whole slew of new people, just to realize it's an ancient thread dusted off. The topic is still interesting though.

@Dog97 said:

why don't they grade it MS-65.8

@Walkerfan said:
    Both PCGS and NGC utilize the + and it means that the coin is very high-end for the grade and is technically approaching the next grade up.

The NGC star is for eye appeal. Yes, I have been very impressed and satisfied with Coins that I both own and have viewed that carry the star designation.

The symbols are used sometimes together...and is there a double + ? What about a minus symbol? MS 65-
    So why wouldn't graders use the decimal system?? Is that getting too nit-picky? MS 65.8

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file