Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

@davebe is a scammer

2»

Comments

• Options
    M4MadnessM4Madness Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

@M4Madness said:
    I just received a message from him this morning telling me that he has a coin I'm looking for. I saw the 2-post count and got nervous. I asked him to email me pics a moment ago. I'm so thankful that I saw this post.

As a follow up to this, I just received an email from georgieshaquille@gmail.com in regards to my WTB ad here. I don't know if it's related to this guy or not, but I'm leery enough to not reply.

• Options

@M4Madness said:

@M4Madness said:
    I just received a message from him this morning telling me that he has a coin I'm looking for. I saw the 2-post count and got nervous. I asked him to email me pics a moment ago. I'm so thankful that I saw this post.

As a follow up to this, I just received an email from georgieshaquille@gmail.com in regards to my WTB ad here. I don't know if it's related to this guy or not, but I'm leery enough to not reply.

Go ahead and reply. Get all the details you can. If it's a scammer, you can expose him, phone number, address and all.

Collector of what ever looks good to me today.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UncleDano said:

@M4Madness said:

@M4Madness said:

Go ahead and reply. Get all the details you can. If it's a scammer, you can expose him, phone number, address and all.

I would advise just the opposite, if this is a scam the scammer is not going to give you any real contact info and at the very least he now has your email. Best to keep it in a DM, a scammer will not continue if there is nothing to be gained.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

Yup, that's another way to look at it.

Collector of what ever looks good to me today.