Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What are your current collecting goals

Modern ? Vintage? Sets ? Singles ?
In hot pursuit? Slow and steady ?
Enjoying the hobby ? Too frustrating now ?

Forum members on ignore
Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
daltex

Comments

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

My main goal is to get more 1950's cards. Add a couple of nice rookie cards.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

My main goal is to continue my quest to acquire all Tom Brady rookies, not including parallels. The current dip is really helping. Slow and steady for me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool looking blaster's... B)

• Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

Old UFC /MMA card sets and event programs

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

Football Hall Of Fame Set, and concurrently a 1956 to 2015 Topps run. Just under 50% now so I have quite a few to go and not really rushing anything. Focused on quality at a low price, bottom feeding for the most part. Very happy with what I have now, and I'm able to stay within my budget averaging about $30 a card at an 8.92 average grade.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

1976 topps psa 9 or better. Slow and steady

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

My current projects are a 1971 OPC baseball set (I probably have around 300 and know some of the high numbers will hurt) and the 1966 Topps baseball high numbers series (started last July, 14 cards to go!)

Daniel
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mostly have been working on my mixed raw/graded 1973 baseball set. Very strict condition requirements within my own set of preferences. Exactly 65% complete at the moment.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only vintage HoFers, and I've been on a 60s kick for the past year or so.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭

Chipping away at my AROD Master set (This is turning into a life-long project). Finishing off a number of my in progress graded sets. Always the tortoise and not the hare with me.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Continuing the pursuit of Cardinals team sets. I need some insanely rare stuff and a few items that shouldn't be rare but I'm having trouble locating.

Also continuing my autographed Topps Cardinals team set collection in which I am approximately 90-95% complete. I have a continuing thread that was started in 2007 where I have chronicled my journey. Again, I just need some rare ones and some modern ones that just don't sign. League Leaders cards, and miscellaneous cards within the Topps base set seem to be the most difficult to find in the modern era. Even in the sixties I need a couple of Bob Gibson League Leaders. For the modern ones I am resorting to paying for private signings. I just got back a couple of Scott Rolen All-Star cards.

Shane

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2023 11:36AM

I am still in pursuit of Steve Garvey and Dave Concepcion rarities. Currently scouring domestic and foreign auction sites to search out as many obscure ABBA cards and stickers as I can find.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

To continue to have fun :)

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Continuing to add to my Roy playing days PC (currently at 86% on non 1/1, show-stamped issues)
    Recently started to go in on rebuilding the collection I sold off 5 years ago to help get engaged and buy a house. Staying away from the vintage baseball this go around, though.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always looking for things to add to my Roger Staubach and Gary Carter collections. Beyond that, I'm working on my 1979 Topps football collection. That starts with Cowboys team sets, PSA graded, autographed and then on front or back of unopened cellos. I'm also putting together the 79 HOF set in PSA 9's, as well as rack packs with HOFers showing. Pretty much anything 1979 Topps football. There are also a couple of side playr projects but those are a lower priority.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

HoF rookies set. I have 6 more cards to go (until next year's HoFers hit) and I'm #18 on the set list. I'd love to keep upgrading what I have and get into the Top 10 eventually.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    I'm always looking for things to add to my Roger Staubach and Gary Carter collections. Beyond that, I'm working on my 1979 Topps football collection. That starts with Cowboys team sets, PSA graded, autographed and then on front or back of unopened cellos. I'm also putting together the 79 HOF set in PSA 9's, as well as rack packs with HOFers showing. Pretty much anything 1979 Topps football. There are also a couple of side playr projects but those are a lower priority.

Here's a Carter card for you. It's the only graded card of his I own, and I bought this years ago. It was super-cheap at some auction so I picked it up. One of my favorites I own.!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:

That's a beauty!!!!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    yoda100yoda100 Posts: 37 ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2023 9:27PM

I collect Mainly vintage which for me is 1954 to 1975, I'm continuing to sell my doubles, sell cards that I just don't have a strong connection with, obtain a 1969 Topps Ted Abernathy in PSA 8 or better to finish my 69 Cubs, and upgrade existing cards when an opportunity presents itself. I also like to attend local shows and look for deals. And obtain a 54 Topps card of Willie Mays at some point.

• Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Win the lottery or fall down a rich person's damaged stairs so I can pick up a 1977 Chong Rickey Henderson, 1972 Puerto Rican Sticker Mike Schmidt and a 1980 Charlotte O's Cal Ripken.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2023 6:05AM

Complete my raw 52 large and 51 Bowman football sets as well as cherry pick good eye appeal MLB HOF'ers in PSA 2-4 from various early to mid 50's baseball sets

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slow and steady progress on graded 1954 Red Heart set, 51 Bowman Cubs set, and 56 Topps Cubs set. Occasionally adding to my Bears HOF collection. Considering a Billy Pierce player run. A high grade Payton rookie someday...lol