Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone able to get in touch with Paradisefound? Just caught up with news on fire evacuations 2023 ed

TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 10, 2023 10:53AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Will the owner of this coin @Paradisefound please give us a shout out again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7151uEf71Y

link to 2019 edition

Comments

• NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope she's ok. Sending prayers.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is she on Maui? East or west side? West side of Maui is where the serious problems are. 36 dead as of this morning and out of nowhere.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know where she resides, so I hope that she's OK.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    Is she on Maui? East or west side?

Wailea, west side the last I recall.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2023 9:18PM

So sad to see all that destruction and loss of life, I was in Lahaina and the surrounding areas back in March 2022, so it hits very hard. Plus We've visited that town several times in the past, always was a great stop.

I'll send her a PM, I do believe she was around Wailea. I posted a picture of the what they call Big Beach and she mentioned she lived very close to there.

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't heard from her since June 13. Last I knew she was planning on getting a puppy.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    So sad to see all that destruction and loss of life, I was in Lahaina and the surrounding areas back in March 2022, so it hards hard. Plus We've visited that town several times in the past, always was a great stop.

I'll send her a PM, I do believe she was around Wailea. I posted a picture of the what they call Big Beach and she mentioned she lived very close to there.

Did you post a pic of Little Beach??? Did I miss that?
    Do hope she's safe and sound.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Wailea is southside. Nothing major I heard of over there. Lahaina is basically gone.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:
    Wailea is southside. Nothing major I heard of over there. Lahaina is basically gone.

My condolences 🙏 (prayers as well)

I think all the Maui members of this forum live on the southside.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lahaina :(

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen some of the footage…it’s just devastating.
    Thoughts and prayers to all affected. 🙏🏼

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend Norm was visiting friends in Hawaii, sent me a bunch of nice pictures, I hope he's ok.

• TrampTramp Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wailea is in the Southwest of the island Love that quiet area.

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

A few pics from around the Lahaina area from March 2022, including the huge banyan tree and Big Beach. Trilogy is a top notch tour boat operator based in Lahaina and they lost a boat in the fire. They've been helping out people with their remaining boats and doing other activities to help the community. I made a donation on their go fund me for the Lahaina community. They made my 60th birthday special so figured it's the least I could do. Recovery is going to be a bear, but hopefully Lahaina and the surrounding area will come back strong.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real estate in Hawaii is quite valuable so the devastated areas will all be rebuilt. Hopefully, the building codes will be changed to require the use of more fire-retardant materials.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lahaina is a very historic area with significance to the Natives in pre-colonial times. It was home to the oldest house on Maui which was a museum but has been totally destroyed. A second museum, a printing museum is located at the high school which seems to have survived the fires. But most of Lahaina appears to be gone.

Of course, the loss of life, which stands at 55 and growing, is just horrific. Yes, they will certainly rebuild in Paradise, but this is the second time in five years that "Paradise" was blindsided by a brutal firestorm.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's very sad. i have visited there times before and to see just piles of ash now...it's unbelievable.

Ditto to the above, I got an "I'm safe" response too. It was good to hear!

• shortnockshortnock Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

Some good news out of the sad news.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:

Checking on @SurfinxHI , I think he’s on the south side too, but I don’t know much about that state. Hopefully he’s ok!

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    ❤️🐠🌺🐬💋 LOVE YOU ALL!!!
    My family is ok; thank you so much for caring.
    🥲 sad for Maui loss ….. but this too …. shall pass

I am sorry for being spotty lately …. other aspects of live got up on my priorities.

I’m so glad you are okay. It’s nice to see you back.

• DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maui Coin Club silver medals in my Hawaiiana Collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPs3hd6k3nc

Anyone heard from @Kudbegud ?

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Lahaina :(

All that rich history, poof. 😔

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so very happy to hear that she is doing well and OK. Thanks to many on here for caring enough to ask how she is doing. Lots of caring folks on here.

Later, Paul.
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

…….. this Lahaina scene looks eerily similar to Paradise fire

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

❤️ from my new pet

What's the name?

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound I love your new puppy! <3:)

@Paradisefound said:
    and before they close this thread over the weekend ….. please know that your thoughtfulness are greatly appreciated by me personally and the Island of Maui 🐠🐬🐟

We LOVE U ALL

Awww, they'll never close this thread, it's part of our lives and connected to our forum family here. Say, wasn't there a coin shop there in Maui?

@1Mike1 said:

What's the name?

Coco :)

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

By coincidence I came across this today while looking for some coins.

Aloha to our friends in Hawaii, ftom the late Don Ho.

@SurfinxHI said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

@meluaufeet said:

Checking on @SurfinxHI , I think he’s on the south side too, but I don’t know much about that state. Hopefully he’s ok!

Other island! Oahu is just in a state of trying to help our Maui neighbors. It's really a tragedy what is happening over there. Way more buildings gone than originally suspected, according to the latest coconut wireless reporting.

I'm glad to see you are okay. I hope all of our Hawaiian posters are safe and sound.

@Paradisefound said:

❤️ from my new pet

Awe, what type of dog is it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file