Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Grading Special for collectors of the 1970's?? Let's go PSA

19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

I have been waiting or wishing that PSA would do a grading special for 1970-1979 under $199 value. After seeing so many box breaks from other collectors here on the boards, I am realizing that it is impossible to grade commons at $15 a card. Am I the only one that would appreciate the opportunity to finish some of my 1970-1979 Set Registry desires? While I appreciate the $16 grading special for 2018-2020 cards that they currently have running, 99.9% of those collectors don't participate in the very thing that sets PSA apart from the other TPG companies. PSA creates this incredible marketing tool for collectors to compete and then makes it impossible (financially) to build your desired set.

PSA, can you hook your card addicted, Set Registry guys up over here? Even if it is $11/under $100 value so we can get these commons graded. I will send you 1000 cards right now.

Regards,
Shane

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases

Comments

• 19591959 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

ditto. I hope they do something.

• Ditto for me too!!!

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I agree, but with only one vintage card grader we might not get our cards back until 2025.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • reelinintheyearsreelinintheyears Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@smallstocks said:
    I agree, but with only one vintage card grader we might not get our cards back until 2025.

Can this really be true?!!! If so, how is vintage defined? 1980 and older? I'm waiting for the right deal to submit my growing stack of worthy '70s and early '80s OPC and Topps baseball.

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Sarcasm, but it certainly doesn't seem far off.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2023 10:00AM

@maysmantle said:
    I see you guys! We'll for sure be offering a vintage special in the coming months. Look for something similar to what we ran back in Feb. And for the record, we have more than 1 vintage grader :wink:

Is there anyway we can send in 200 or 400 cards at $11 a card for under $99? Some of us are sitting on thousands of cards to improve/start our sets for our set registry.

• ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

crickets? Anyone, anyone....Bueller?

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • I have a few hundred minty 70's non-sport cards I've pulled from packs myself. I'd love to have these slabbed but I can't justify spending $16+ to grade these cards. At $11-$12 I'm sure I'd send some in.

• reelinintheyearsreelinintheyears Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

The current '80s special is $15 so as much as I'd like for there to be a '70s special someday that is less than this I am certainly not holding my breath for one! This appears to be the new normal in every aspect of life due to rampant inflation. Just one example: When doing grocery shopping for the Fourth I couldn't believe that a 2-liter bottle of name brand soda is now $2.99. The last time I remember shopping for soda (which admittedly is not very often) the price was $1.99 which I thought was high at the time; it doesn't seem that long ago when the price around a buck!

• SlipCSlipC Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

The skipped over the 70's this month to give 60's Special.
    How bout' that.

It's been a long, long time!

I appreciate PSA giving the 1960's collectors a chance to grade out commons for their sets, however the real test will be pricing for the 1970's cards. I would think there are many collectors here on the boards that are drooling over the thought to grade out commons in hopes to improve their sets.

• PSA just announced a series of weekly specials running from November through the end of the year. There will be a 1970's special in there later this month. You can follow along here. https://www.psacard.com/info/holiday-specials

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

That will be amazing. Thanks for the update

Bullcrap PSA.

• This is the lowest price we've offered on a special this year. Last time we did $15 for 1970s was February.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• @1954 said:

@maysmantle said:
    I see you guys! We'll for sure be offering a vintage special in the coming months. Look for something similar to what we ran back in Feb. And for the record, we have more than 1 vintage grader :wink:

Is there anyway we can send in 200 or 400 cards at $11 a card for under $99? Some of us are sitting on thousands of cards to improve/start our sets for our set registry.

Definitely a decent holiday special for the 70s but I also have hundreds of 70s cards that are valued $99 or less that need to go.